SAU Community

rb25 86.5 mm bore and genuine head gasket????

Azztrix

rb25 86.5 mm bore and Genuine head gasket????

Can anyone tell me if using a genuine head gasket on a 86.5 mm bore will be ok? 

I know the gaskets aren't spot on but just unsure and would rather use genuine all round then Anything else especially with the tolerance issues that come with metal gaskets

Edited by Azztrix

AFAIK, the stock gasket is designed to work up to the maximum over-size bore allowance. So as long as its not above maximum spec (40 thou over I think) the gasket should be fine. Are you just doing a stock rebuild?

So why not MLS gasket?

Just curious

Mine is 87mm bore with the cometic MLS and no dramas. But im fairly sure I did alot of mock up etc with the standard gasket and all seemed ok

• Like 1

Just have always liked genuine gear and I can get a full engine genuine gasket kit for 350 bucks
But I'll stew on it a little more....

If I do go cosmetic or another then I'll have to get the head decked too I guess hey?

Another question if you know the answer what's the go with gtr pumps on 25's? Worth doing? Do they need restrictors in the head or no?
I can get gtr genuine pump for 350$ or a 25 pump is bloody Close to 500$

MLS gaskets require a better surface finish then std gaskets. If the head and block were surface finished they may be O.K but if not I would def go with the std gasket

I have an N1 pump with billet gears. Best to fit oil restrictors etc. Check the oil control thread in forced induction

• Like 1