SAU Community

How to create a 600+hp skyline r34

How to create a 600+hp skyline r34

Hey everyone,

I live in Victoria and own a skyline r34 25gt auto stock, and I was wondering how I can increase my horsepower from 280hp (factory hp) to 400+ (approx)

I see all these YouTube videos and see all these skylines with fully modified engines producing 600+ hp and I was wondering how do they create such an engine. Is there a place in Australia that can built such a machine for me? Due to my zero lack of experience of engines.

Thank you for your time 

I assume you mean you've got a GTT (turbo) - otherwise stop now.

Are you asking about 600+ or 400+? Huge difference.

400HP is easily achievable. Turbo, Injectors, Fuel Pump, AFM, ECU, Tune on E85 and you're done. Might have to look at that auto box though...

There are PLENTY of places around Australia that can do this work for you. It's very common and any reputable shop can do the work. Quick Google search can also help here.

You say that you now have 280HP - as inmaniac says you must have a GTT (RB25DET Neo). You want 400HP, I assume measured in the same way as the current 280HP - at the crank.

400HP is around 300KW, and 300KW at the crank is around 220 RWKW. This is quite easy to achieve - a Nistune ECU, decent free-flow exhaust, a front mount intercooler and a tune will get you very close.

Getting to 600HP (330RWKW) will take a bit more - high-flowed turbo, injectors & fuel rail, fuel pump, E85. When you get to this level you need to consider the condition of pistons, rings, bores, crank & bearings, rods, oil pump etc. 

I think from what you two are saying I'll stick to around the 400 or even 350 HP mark as I don't think my automatic gearbox and handle much more. 

Thank you for the modification suggestions and if you have a few more items that can be installed then please let me know :)

Thanks again