SAU Community

Stagea Stereo Removal ??

Jay95R33

well i had all the lights in my climate unit on my R33 busted, and when i replaced them with regular bulbs they were a dull yellow, not the clear sort of colour they come. you need to get the special bulbs with a blue coating on them, but i couldn't find them anywhere

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, I noticed on the Stagea's that it's more of a clear colour than a blue... I had a few go on the R33 too (must be a nissan thing!) I got the clear bulbs and painted them with blue nail varnish !!

No, it wasn't my nail varnish. Blue isn't my colour :cheers: j/k

yeah this plastic was very thin and kind of shrink wrapped onto the bulb pretty light blue colour but i guess that its enough to take the yellow tinge out of the bulb and must be pretty heat resistant too.

Jay I am sure that the blue matches your eyes :cheers:

if you are careful you can most times remove the blue plastic from the bulb. It's sorta like a small blue bulb condom. The heat from the bulb shouldn't melt the plastic, as the heat from them is not much. But seeing as they have not moved in years they can some times stick to the bulb in spots. Bit of massage around the blue plastic can see it separate from the bulb without too much stretching, in which case it will be okay to slide back onto another new bulb. How small are the bulbs? Are they the 3mm wheat grain type bulbs or the 5mm ones?

cheers

LOL, I've got two buttons on my air con unit that don't light up too !!  Except mine are the A/C and demist buttons...

When I change them, should I get new bulbs all round so they all light up at the same intesity ?

Also, the button to the right of the 4wd button on the dash doesn't light up either.  Should it ?

J

Jay, ony my car it's the ABS light, and only comes on during ignition. the one on the right of the ABS light doesn't light up, i have no idea what it is

Jay, ony my car it's the ABS light, and only comes on during ignition. the one on the right of the ABS light doesn't light up, i have no idea what it is

Do'h, I meant the switch next to the constant 4wd button to the left of the sterring wheel - I just re-read my post and it doesn't really make sense what I posted.. LOL

J

Do'h, I meant the switch next to the constant 4wd button to the left of the sterring wheel - I just re-read my post and it doesn't really make sense what I posted..  LOL

J

Ah i understand. Mine doesn't light up either, the demist light comes on on the dash though.

The globes in the Climate Control module have been so-far impossible to find in the aftermarket (spent most of today searching at DSE, Jaycar, Repco, and Jaustech). I believe that they are around $10 each new, but that may be the only option at this stage....

Are they the bulb that has a white base to them that 'push' into place into the unit? If so then wheat grain bulbs will actually dothe job, you need to thread the wheat grain bulb into the white 'caddy' base.

DSE and Jaycar here in NZ sell these bulbs so their Aussi counterparts surely should have them as well.

I think i posted earlier i'd replaced all the globes with ones from Jaycar. they fit in and work fine, but they're not the same colour due to a lack of blue cover thingy on them. The ones i got were 12V, and had yellow wires

Just on the subject of little lights.

The power/snow button.... When it's in the power mode I get a orange light on the switch light up that lets you know your in power mode. When I put mine into snow mode the green light doesn't light up. I can feel that it's in snow mode cause it doesn't use 1st gear... I've seen the green light light up sometimes so I know there's a green light in there somewhere.. lol

Does everyone elses do the same ? Or does the green light come on as soon as you flick the switch into snow mode ?

J

• 6 months later...

All I can say is "THANK GOD for the Skylines Australia online community".

I spent one hour last night trying to get the f@#!ing dash apart. Went to see a mate who pulls cars apart and puts them together for a living (he's a panel beater) today. He went "geez, don't make it obvious do they? No idea mate". Yeah, thanks buddy.

Surely someone must have replaced a head unit on one of these before... :idea: Well, duh. Try the stag forums... And there it is - piccies and all. :burnout:

Ok, so the upshot is, I have a Japanese Nakomichi MB-75 in-dash stacker that came with the car. Sounds sweet, 6 stacker in the dash, nice unit. BUT, it needs a frequency converter, and the whole stacker thing is not my scene anyway. So, in goes a Pioneer M5750MP. Now I've got a Nako lying around, one that cost $2000 new if you bought an aussie version. So if anyone's interested, make me an offer. Otherwise, I think I hear ebay calling my name... ;)

I've gotta say tho, it was a pretty painful experience trying to get that dash apart. On the upside, anyone who gets past the alarm is gonna have a NIGHTMARE trying to get to the head unit... :)

I've gotta say tho, it was a pretty painful experience trying to get that dash apart. On the upside, anyone who gets past the alarm is gonna have a NIGHTMARE trying to get to the head unit...  :)

They won't worry about what the dash looks like after they are finished, a big hammer and blade will get it out pretty fast.:cheers:

Yeah. Right... Thanks for pointing that out. The ONLY positive thing I could see about the difficulties, and you have to dispel it.

You are right of course, I was just happy in my own little world.