SAU Community

New with some questions.

Josh2629

New with some questions.

Hello.

I am looking to buy an R34 GT once I advance to my P plates. I was just on compare the market to see how much insurance would cost and I got a quote of around $3600 from just one company, that didn't seem right to me because I would think there would be multiple insurance companies that would insure such a car right?

I looked at the Famous insurance but everytime I go through the quoting system it just takes forever to load and goes back to the start, on compare the market I also tried getting a quote under my parents name and I got the exact same company with the exact same quote.

What insurance companies are you guys with and are of similar age that provides a good price? I have never been in an accident or anything like that.

Sorry if this gets asked a lot, just want to make sure before I get my heart set on one and then be dissapointed if it's too expensive or what not. Thanks.

Firstly, you should try searching the forum. There's a bunch of threads covering this already.

Secondly, I would suggest steering clear of Skylines as your first car. Or at least, first car on your P's. Get some experience under your belt first. Sounds clieche and you don't wanna hear it, but there's a reason everyone will say it. Not to mention you likely want a Skyline as a performance car, so wait until you're off your P's and get a GTT. That's my 2c on that anyway.

As for insurance, it wouldn't surprise me that you're getting $3k+ quotes. Not a lot of companies will insure Skylines (or other imports) and are especially hesitant to red P platers.

Skyline ownership isn't cheap. Maintenance, insurance, time. Do some research on what you're in for.