SAU Community

Odd plastic key fob with my stagea

oscian

My set of keys for my m35 stagea came with this odd little plastic key fob. It has two metal prongs on the top and I have no idea what it goes to in the car. Any ideas?

F9FE9403-3AEA-47C5-8F7F-32400C0EEA3C.jpeg

Just found a little connector that it fits in, it tricks the ignition into thinking the key is in for like 30 seconds and I can turn the starter without putting my key in.

I can still start the car the usual way using my actual key. Very odd

Edited by oscian

On 17/8/2022 at 3:09 PM, Akshunhiro said:

Likely aftermarket immobiliser

Looks similar to the autowatch fob

Found a card in the manuals bag that has the override code for a mongoose brand system. Found the exact one in my car Here. I don’t seem to have the second little key for the immobiliser however.

OK update turns I could be a little slow, I have a nissan smart/intelligent key fob so I think the reason its starting without the key after disarming the immobilizer is because it has keyless start and is detecting the key next to me 🤦‍♂️.

Once I get it back from the mechanic ill test if I can start the car keyless like before except with the key put super far away to test the theory.

If it manages to start by just the immobilizer being disarmed and it has nothing to do with my nissan key then I might look at making it not do that.