SAU Community

Fuelab 49604?

Curious to know what people's thoughts are on this fuel pump. 350 lph is closer to what I'm looking for and it comes with integral check valve. Also has a 6mm hose barb to run the venturi to pump the other half of the tank. There's also a 500 lph variant that draws less than 15 amps which is pretty impressive IMO.

image.thumb.png.c2dd8a06186b2ca3b5d62660fc241666.png

image.thumb.png.33e82ef48ef2e79c0f3c1b5810869634.png

745276444_ScreenShot2022-12-07at10_19_27PM.thumb.png.b15311c9f2ccd73e5acb6b566cb9d753.png

image.thumb.png.97655739ab14a23de57441384180ecbc.png

image.thumb.png.a887abeb2966ee0b0b1bd505c3ee5b90.png

image.thumb.png.23ddb177f49b23980e7af2680b74cfb2.png

26 minutes ago, joshuaho96 said:

Upgrade to the 49614? I strongly doubt I'll ever need to though. 300 kW to the wheels at best is what I'm trying to engineer the whole system around.

My brain won't let me accept that lol. 

My gtst makes about 350kw and I feel like the car is only starting to wake up now. If I had a GTR, I would need substantially more power then that. 

Do you have any plans to track the car? 

10 minutes ago, Murray_Calavera said:

My brain won't let me accept that lol. 

My gtst makes about 350kw and I feel like the car is only starting to wake up now. If I had a GTR, I would need substantially more power then that. 

Do you have any plans to track the car? 

I want the car to survive extended track use but it's not the intended use, this is mostly just for fun on the street.

2 minutes ago, joshuaho96 said:

I want the car to survive extended track use but it's not the intended use, this is mostly just for fun on the street.

Well, I guess if you get this pump, you'll end up with a working pump that suits your needs. 

I know your going to enjoy the extra work required to get it running the way you would like it too, so I suppose the only downside is cost? 

1 hour ago, Murray_Calavera said:

Well, I guess if you get this pump, you'll end up with a working pump that suits your needs. 

I know your going to enjoy the extra work required to get it running the way you would like it too, so I suppose the only downside is cost? 

Yeah I was hoping to learn more about the finer points of trying to make this pump fit some kind of R33 fuel pump hanger. Does the 6mm aux jet need to be used? Are the inlet/outlet vaguely in the right place? Stuff like that.

11 hours ago, joshuaho96 said:

Yeah I was hoping to learn more about the finer points of trying to make this pump fit some kind of R33 fuel pump hanger. Does the 6mm aux jet need to be used? Are the inlet/outlet vaguely in the right place? Stuff like that.

Ah, got ya. 

Mounting will be very easy. It is physically smaller then the typical fuel pumps used these days. 

For the average bear, they probably wouldn't care about the aux jet. You might be interested in it though.

High power pumps can overpower the stock venturi which is designed for the lower flowing stock pump. 

From my experience using the stock venturi, I've run my tank down to 5 litres remaining 3 times now. Once the car was barely running (would stall under any amount of G forces), once the car was 100% perfect (didn't even realise there was only 5 litres remaining at the time), the other time the car died and was unable to be restarted. 

I account this to my stock venturi being inconsistent with the high flow pump.

If the stock venturi is happy to work with what that aux jet is supplying, you would resolve these issues of inconsistency. 

But yeah, for the average bear, I don't think they would care about this until it caused a bigger issue (which it does once you go to 2 or 3 pumps, but they resolve the issue by having a correctly sized venturi in the hat).