SAU Community

Registration in NSW

HEy All

My car is currently being complied as we speak, can someone please help me in what i need to do after its finished compliancing?

WHat are the steps to obtaining a blue slip? do i need to book the car in?

also how much will it cost? how long does it usually take to get it on road after the car is complied?

Thanks all

Guest tgriffin

*IN NSW*

I don't know what a blue slip is but it's a more comprehensive pink slip right?

Normally to register a car you need to get a pink slip (check the car is roadworthy) and green slip (3rd party insurance). Only then can you go to the RTA and register the car.

P.S. make sure you bring your pink slip and green slip when you go to the RTA.

Originally posted by Drivebai

HEy All

My car is currently being complied as we speak, can someone please help me in what i need to do after its finished compliancing?

WHat are the steps to obtaining a blue slip? do i need to book the car in?

also how much will it cost? how long does it usually take to get it on road after the car is complied?

Thanks all

Hi thanks

Blue slip is the blue peice of paper sent to you when your rego expires.. u know the one where you peel off the label and stick it on ur windscreen....as my car has just come from japan.... it is unregistered so i need to obtain the blue slip.. i dont know how to go about obtaining the blue slip.. i think i need that.. any help?

thanks

You need to take your car to an RTA authorised unregistered car inspection station (Check RTA for nearest one) - There's one in Fairfield.

Then you need to take the Blue Slip (the inspection station will give this to you) to the RTA with all the other Import Doco. The RTA probablly won't register the car 100% as you will most likely need an RTA identification inspection (checks for rebirthing). Ask for an interim rego sticker & plates.

THen you'll most likely need to take the car to the RTA for the identification inspection. Take all paperwork. You will need to get an RTA office to book an appointment (2-3 weeks wait) They will then give you a security sealed envelope (pass/fail) - Take this to an RTA office along with ALL your paperwork. Hopefully if everything is OK they will issue you with your full rego .

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Make sure the blue slip has the section regarding the engineering paperwork checked. My mate got a blue slip for his import but they failed to fill out the engineering paperwork section and he had to go back. When the queue in the RTA is very long this can really get you mad.....

Blue slip is not the piece of paper that the RTA sends you with the sticker on it. That is blue but not a blue slip. A blue slip is a comprehenive check (apparently) of the car and all paper work when your vehicle is unregistered or been out out of rego for longer than 3 months.

:)