SAU Community

1963 prince skyline

2BNVS

hey all heres a link wonder what u guys think...

http://ausrotary.dntinternet.com/forums/vi...der=asc&start=0

anyone know how rare a 1963 prince skyline is? how much they can go for...

cheers...ben.

Hi Ben,

My first thought was "he's gonna need bigger brakes, MUCH better suspension!" ......and I guess if he has the money to follow through well good luck to him, and to get it back to original would be an expensive all consuming job. The car IS rare, but only a 4 cylinder version and I don't think there are people lineing up to buy them, just a few diehard enthusiasts who (just like me!) will try and pick it up for next to nothing. I have a 6 cylinder version (S54Be-II).These started out as the basic 4 cylinder 1500 with an extra 8-9 inches added by Prince Motor Company to the engine bay and front panels to accomodate the 2 litre 6 from the Prince Glolria of the time. Obviously MANY other parts were modified/changed to end up with the Prince Skyline GT. The whole story wont fit here but if you do a bit of googling you'll get a good idea.

Mine was heavily modified 15 odd years ago with a worked L28 nissan 6 and a rally 5 speed.

In its current form it is dangerous and virtually undrivable!! ..because the 1965 brakes , suspension steering and chassis dynamics, designed to handle around 125HP of the triple webered G7 six simply cannot cope with a 270+ HP motor. Now I'm not up on the output of rotaries but I'd imagine he'd be looking at something with quite a bit more....can't say grunt about a rotary....lets call it ZING or ZAP :headspin:

It is a VERY nice looking little PRINCE, if he engineers it right I think a mild rotary in that would make a great little cruiser!

My 2 bobs worth

Jim.