SAU Community

Getting rid of 180kmh speed cut.

burkey22

Cutting wire 53, put your HICAS into diag mode, Some people have had problems with their HICAS not working properly once the wire has been cut, and some people haven't had any probs at all. I personally would think its a silly idea if your doing a 180km/hr and your HICAS decides to take control over your car ??

Check out modyourcar.com.au I got a Pivot speed meter for $152, it removes the 180km limit, displays speed up to 350km/hr and gives you times and terminal speed for 0-100m, 0-200m, 0-300m, and 0-400m.

There are only four wires and it is easy to install, (comes with ecu pinout diagrams for all models). Good value for money i reckon, plus the hicas still works normally.

Lawrence

BBQ: Have u actually done it or u just heard what other people say? cause i've actually cut the wire and it DOESNT put the hicas into diagnostic mode.

Anyway, HICAS is rubbish, quite annoying really, i agree about the part not wanting the HICAS to start working at 180kph tho!

Yes I have actually done it, I had mine on a switch so when I need to go over 180km/hr on a private road, I would flick the switch. It would give me a HICAS light on my dash though.

Once I turned the switch off, the light would go away.

I though its not safe to be fooling the computer by thinking that somethings wrong when its actually not. So I got a PFC to remove the limit.

From memory.. the stagea's have the ecu wiring of R34, which is different to this wire 53. The only confirmed result I have seen that has worked for the wire 53 is the R33 ecu wiring.

Be on the safe side and get a proper speed limiter cut, not the dodgy wire cutting.

Just my 2c worth.

• 2 weeks later...