SAU Community

GTA Imports

Restless 33

• 7 years later...

Re-opening an old thread..... I cannot seem to find any past feedback on GTA in west melbourne.

If anyone has + and - feedback could you please post or PM me? I am currently looking at V35 skyline manual and GTA have one in stock.

Any help would be great!

Cheers,

Si

Only feedback I could provide:

Are you looking to buy a car dealership? Or a car.

Are you looking to buy documentation and paperwork? Or a car.

I'm hoping the answer to both is, you're looking to buy a car.

So, go have a look at the car. Ignore the km on the dash. Ignore the claimed auction grade. Ignore the Australian service history that the dealer has apparently done...

Look at the car.

Look at how the seats are.

Look at the wear on the gear stick. Steering wheel. Does The interior smell like cigarettes.

Etc etc.

Drive it.

What's the engine, suspension and paint like?

Decide from there

No matter what dealer you buy from that is still the same car man. Make your own choice :)

Only feedback I could provide:

Are you looking to buy a car dealership? Or a car.

Are you looking to buy documentation and paperwork? Or a car.

I'm hoping the answer to both is, you're looking to buy a car.

So, go have a look at the car. Ignore the km on the dash. Ignore the claimed auction grade. Ignore the Australian service history that the dealer has apparently done...

Look at the car.

Look at how the seats are.

Look at the wear on the gear stick. Steering wheel. Does The interior smell like cigarettes.

Etc etc.

Drive it.

What's the engine, suspension and paint like?

Decide from there

No matter what dealer you buy from that is still the same car man. Make your own choice :)

Fair point and I understand the one your trying to make. (which is why I will do exactly as u described above).

so reputation doesn't matter??? I view it does.... past behaviour is a good prediction for future...

It is interesting how a search on importers/dealers results in feed back for say JSPEC, PRESTIGE, SSV.... (which is all very +)....but silent on the above....

Well, not everyone has positive experiences with everyone.

I'm not getting into that myself .. Personally I'd never buy from an import dealer PERIOD because I know what I know, but again, I won't disclose details to protect sau's defamation rules (protect dodgy people rule)

But yeah. Chek it out. If you suspect that the car hasnt done 32,000 / 47,000 km

Then chances are - it fkn hasn't

Protip: don't ever let anybody tell you that Japanese wind km back.

They don't. It's the aussies

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my first import car from there GTA, they have a lot of good car and rare option. But the price is too much compare to private sell one, a lot expensive . But back than I don't know anything about turbo car. But now I know how to buy a used car from private seller .

Good luck.