SAU Community

R32 4 door taillights...

Campster123

Hey,

I'm seriously considering going for a 4 door gts-t r32 atm but there's one things that's holding me back... the damn taillights!!!

I'm not exactly a great fan of them and was wondering (before I go ahead and get one - no these taillights won't stop me getting one, but still) is it possible to replace them with the couple lights (or aftermarket equivalents) and if so how much would it cost and how easy would they be to source?

Cheers,

Adam

• 3 weeks later...

it'll cost ya about 600 bucks (rough estimate) to do a full conversion, not including a new bootlid. But it'll include tail lights and the rear bumper and all the lil bits n pieces to change it.

PM me if interested, but in all honesty I think it's a waste of time n money.

This was something i was looking at when i got my R32 four door but everyday i'm less interested of doing it. I like things that are different and doing this conversion will make your car look like just another R32.

It would probably cost me less than that as i'm already getting a custom made aftermarket bumper and alredy have the tail lights but .... not sure if i wanna do it.

funkymonkey: what other bits and pieces are needed for the conversion?

This was something i was looking at when i got my R32 four door but everyday i'm less interested of doing it. I like things that are different and doing this conversion will make your car look like just another R32.

It would probably cost me less than that as i'm already getting a custom made aftermarket bumper and alredy have the tail lights but .... not sure if i wanna do it.

funkymonkey: what other bits and pieces are needed for the conversion?

:uh-huh: They are different and therefore don't look like any other Skyline.... In my opinion keep the taillights...

I thought about changing mine when I first got the car, now I wouldn't dream of it, I actually like them more than coupes....

• 5 years later...

i am doin the conversion on my 32 4 door i bought a set of gtr tail lights a gtr bar and coupe boot lid first i found out the boot lid is too wide and to make it fit you would have to start cutting the reinforceing (f#%k that) its easier to modify the sedan bootlid. I also discovered the mounts for the back bar are different a bit of cutting and welding required other than that there shouldnt be too many problems fingers crossed anyway