SAU Community

12PSI Boost

CoolPC

Hi Dave, what you are describing is totally normal, unless I have missed something. At idle the throttle is closed, the engine is running (sucking) so there is vacuum between the inlet valve and the throttle body. If there wasn't vacuum (sucking) then the engine wouldn't get any air in, so it wouldn't run.

Hope that answered your question:cheers:

Aren't they the T28 ? (Same as GTST turbo. . .?) If they are, they're generally good to run 14psi occasionally, but I wouldn't drive my GTSt any higher than .85 bar (roughly 10 - 11psi) constantly.

So when I get the stag (2 weeks) I put my AVCR in her and set setting A to 0.8 bar (normal driving), setting B to 0.9 bar (drag) :rofl:

On thing I noticed on mine when the boost was up to 12psi was that it was damn loud !! I'm still running the stock airbox with a highflow panel filter, oh, and the sound deadening wading in the airbox has been removed too.

But the difference between 5psi (stock) and 12psi is massive... Anyone else notice this ?

I'd rather it not be noisey, it sounds like a pod filter when it comes on boost...

J

I might let up the boost a little once I have the front mount and dump pipe on the car, that way in my opinion Ill be pushing the turbo just as hard as I am at the moment, with less restrictions such as full exhaust and front mount intercooler (well at least the piping change) you can safely say that running say 11psi as opposed to 7psi or so with standard gear you'll be pushing the turbo just the same..

As for increase in sound, what sound deadening stuff in the airbox are you talking about? Nothing I could see there? Mine isn't insanely loud, defanatly not as loud as a friends r34 with just a pod filter.. Certainly audible but hard to hear with windows up and a little stereo going.. Its not a whining noise is it?

On thing I noticed on mine when the boost was up to 12psi was that it was damn loud !!  I'm still running the stock airbox with a highflow panel filter, oh, and the sound deadening wading in the airbox has been removed too.

But the difference between 5psi (stock) and 12psi is massive...  Anyone else notice this ?

I'd rather it not be noisey, it sounds like a pod filter when it comes on boost...

J

I raised the boost on my r33 to about 10psi, and at the same time removed the sound deadening padding in my air box, and it is LOUD. I remeber going for the first drive and thinking to myself "did i put that panel filter back properly?" :wassup: