SAU Community

Jevo's w/e Skyline challenge!

QuickR33Melb

I have just completed a bit of a DIY job for a fabricated air box that you all might find enjoyable for the upcoming weekend.

You can head down to Bunnings you can pick up a piece of sheet metal (1mx1m) for around $25. Using an old Kellogs box from the kitchen I measure out the dimensions accross the bottom of the pod and the sides which I then sketched onto the box.

With a pair of scissors I cut out a template and then transfered the design onto the sheet metal. Using a pair of standard cutters I then cut the design out of the metal and folded the sides up and attached a small hinge for the top piece.

Using small metal srews and a cordless drill I then attached this homemade box around the pod and wolla! done! You would be surprised at just how professional it looks provided you take your time measuring out the correct size. Spray it black if you want and it looks pretty much standard other than the fact that it is much bigger than the standard box and has a kick arse pod inside. For those wanting it to go further make a dual wall and fill it with insulation

All up less than $50 and 2 hours work.

Another tip would be to go to Clarke Rubber and buy 1m of thick vaccum hosing and run this to the front of the box and attach it under the front spoiler where nobody can see it.

I know it sounds a bit 'homemade' but remember the goldern rule 'measure twice and cut once' and if you take your time it will look and work great.