SAU Community

speed limiter

confak

Its wire 53. If you put a switch in, and just engage the switch when u want to push over the 180kph limiter.

this is the most sensible idea... apparently once you cut wire 53 and leave it cut your car cannot exit diagnostic mode if need be..the switch sounds sensible

You are right, it is the diagnostic check wire for the hicas. If it is left disconnected for extended periods, it may affect the way the hicas operates.

With the switch in place you can select it when you want to open it up. Also only when you feel you need to... speed runs...out runs... and nobody needs to know about it, or can be switched to off when your gf is driving!!!

a proper speed cut defender wouldnt be hard to make. Its just a matter of finding out how wire 53 works, it could be just as simple as capping the voltage to a certain level, so it works up to just before the limiter, and limits the signal at that point.

I know a couple of people on here are into that line of work, i cant be far wrong, any ideas?

The s13 wires cant work that different, although i know cutting the wire (its not 53, its something else) limits me to 140.

Im quite happy to design something given a decent set of info to work from.