SAU Community

underbody neons

G'day all, only just 18 and planning to buy me first car an r32, I recently bought a set of full size underbody neons (bloo) and just wanted to know if they are hard to install, especially at the back with the muffler in the way :spew: ....If i was goin to get it done professinally how mucc would it cost me??

Thanks

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude if you wanna put em in i'd say get a pro to do it. Thats mainly cause i'm too friggin lazy to work on my own car at all

My main question is why did u buy neons before you bought the car?? Dats like me buying a full intercooler kit for my r33 before i'd bought it yet.

hey guys in all honesty he never asked what any of you thought of them, he just wanted to know if he could and where he could get them fitted!

Lets not show the new members a hard time, everyone is entitled to their own style, personally i think CF bonnets look kinda funny, but its not your car, so please don't harass the guy for having diffent tastes to you!

Lets just support everyone in what they want to do and not bag them out.

Sorry Philmak, i cant answer your questions, but i just thought that ive seen this happen to too many people, and the thread end-up usesless due to whoring.

God Bless,

Nate

I FULLY AGREE!

Honestly, ive got em... Put em in myself and i recon it looks awsome, and EVERYONE who has seen em thinks nothing but the same..

There a bit of a bitch to put in yourself, if you have a hoist BONUS! if not then should still be ok... just mount them in the internat side of the sills. and run the wires up to power and a switch... will just take some time.., having a bodykit, i have the old Number plate frame, and i mounted the reat one to that (being behind the new bar).

Hope it hepls, and Good luck with the car!

I have a friend who has pledged there legal-ness! Claims he even wrote to VicRoads (i'm obviously only speaking for VIC here) asking them about Neons.

Neons, to some extents are legal as long as they are NOT RED, WHITE or FLASHING [NFS:U :D] I think the red and white ones *could* be mistaken for headlights/tail lights and confuse other drivers...

As such, all other colours are cool, but, he did say that they can only be fitted to the sides and not the rear or front of the car.

I personally don't mind the neons, i don't have them myself, i'd rather spend the money on other items for the car. What I really HATE are those nozzle washer LEDs that fit onto the bonnet.. they are TEH GHEY!

If you were gonna get it done professionally, it'd cost eleventy billion dollars...

:D:D:)

Hey, I bought heaps of shitt for my car B4 it arrived from Japan (4 months worth of shopping and impulse buying for a car 1000's of mile's away, I bet heaps of guys have done it)

Keep buying stuff for your car because then when you do get it (you are in the process right? If not I would save more!) you will have something to keep you busy and it will keep you focused on your goal >> getting your line! I'm not a big fan of the NEON though.

G'day all, only just 18 and planning to buy me first car an r32, I recently bought a set of full size underbody neons (bloo) and just wanted to know if they are hard to install, especially at the back with the muffler in the way  :spew: ....If i was goin to get it done professinally how mucc would it cost me??

Thanks

hey Philmak :D

Few people i know had full set of neons install on there cars, all of them got it done by pros costing around $100 to $200 (depends on how hard it is to install e.g if neons r 2 big)

I dont think it will be that hard if you got the kit, i watch someone install neons and it doesnt look too hard, i say give it ago if you cant do it just head over to your local stero shop and im sure they will do it.

note at the back the neon goes above the muffler, so really its not that hard, if ur having trouble due to aftermarket muffler size etc remove the rear bumper and it will make it easyer.

Also with r32 im not sure but with r33 it seem like u can hide the tubes on the side like in the side-skirt hard to explain, but if u have alook at ur car u will be able to understand what i am saying.

Power supply, cables etc arnt too hard to connect hide, and putting a switch inside the car is pretty easy also.

Good luck :D and if you need anymore help just ask dont worry about another posts :)

Thanks Mike

ohh yeah and neons being illegal not sure about out-side of WA, but here they are legal as long as they are not FLASHING and you cant see the tubes, thou friends still have problems from the cops

Dude if you wanna put em in i'd say get a pro to do it. Thats mainly cause i'm too friggin lazy to work on my own car at all

My main question is why did u buy neons before you bought the car?? Dats like me buying a full intercooler kit for my r33 before i'd bought it yet.

I dunno, why i bought them before i bought i car, I was bored one day and had money lying around so I was lyke y not...for kit of 2 *48 and 2*36....But come to think of i kinda do regret them, because you have to drilll holes into the underbody and all just to fit them in and all and the annoyance of cops on your arse...

Oh yeah I wrote to VICROADS a while ago asking the legitity of neons and i got a reply from them thou i can't locate the email atm, I'll be shure to post it up in this thread or the legitity thread...

Thanks again for all your help guys

azron - just to confirm.... neons are LEGAL is they are not red white or flashing? (in victoria) vicroads actually said that? thats the first time i have heard anything like that. i thought they were illegal full stop.