SAU Community

overdrive mode button is dead!

kursed

overdrive buttoon has stopped working, now I am stuck in overdrive off mode.

this means shiat highway driving economy.

the overdrive works if I press and hold the button in on the shifter (auto), so i am thinking its likely to be the button at fault not the transmission right? The button just pops back out to 'off' setting each time you try and press it in (where it would usually stay depressed and in 'overdive on' mode).

I am taking it into shop tomorrow, but let me know if anyone knows how to correct this or has had it happen to them.

cheers

Luke

kursed - if it's just the button I'd be happy to have a look at it for ya - can't guarantee I can fix it but if it's just the spring or something worst come to worse we can bugger that nice stock looking car and put another button in haha :D

But yeah it could be just the spring got tired - in which case it may be just a case of helping the spring go back in properly and/or resetting/replacing it.

Just drop round on the weekend.

Dude, none of us have autos! so it couldn't have happened to us :D

i'm sure that there are more people that read our msg board than the 5 peeps who turned up on sat!! :uzi:

oi kursed... you really got that many k's? and auto? is it non turbo? your car and my car are growing ever so similiar by the day...

having said that... the A32 maxima (the old one, the first one to come into the country under the "maxima")

have the same dash setup as the A31, and as being a complete and utter grandpa mobile, most came as autos, try a wrecker because they are common as all hell, so the new shift knob shouldn't cost too much if you just "give them an exchange part" if ya know what i mean...

hope this helps a bit buddy!

oi kursed... you really got that many k's? and auto? is it non turbo? your car and my car are growing ever so similiar by the day...

hope this helps a bit buddy!

Actually it's factory turbo, .... If its looking like i need to replace the stick I'll check the wreckers! thanks mate.

so you have a non turbo version?

don't make me paranoid!

I have never heard of that in my life, nor could i find an example on the web where anyone has ever referenced that as an indicator of non genuine kms.

so please, would you care to back that up?

cars that look like kursed's don't have more than 50ks on the clock, that's just not how it works, his car is m.i.n.t and that spells mint, sorry guys,

maybe the spring(the end of the spring) in the button has fallen out of the bit that holds onto the spring in place and it's just popped out?

can't really explain over the net, i can draw an mspaint diagram if it don't make sense.,

well i took it to nissan to get bent over, its just the button needs replacing.

Of course that means the whole gear shifter shaft has to be replaced as you cannot open the unit up due to construction of it.

$208 for the replacement from jap. could be worse.

dude dont even worry bout that mine did it to at 70,000 though i just carry a roll of electrical tape around and tape the thing down on the freeway not for much longer though :D yay for five speed woooowwooooooooo

yer but i'm a perfectionist - - - - I have to have it fixed..... plus it would shit me to have bitsa of tape hanging off my car!

So your getting a conversion to manual? toight. let me know how much it sets you back

Mate, i wasnt being serious about the kms.

Who cares what the speedo says anyway, even if it has been wound back.

As far as im concerned if you get no problems then you have a good buy.

But if its genuine, good for you.

I know, thats why i replied with a funny lil pic - as I knew you were just having a dig, and that doesn't bother me one bit - humours always good!

mase, off the bandwagon mate.