SAU Community

GTR test mule spotted! (pics)

I was told that this car was just intended to see and note engine specs. It's not about design, it's more about the capacity of the engine. More design will go into this engine, than any other engine Nissan has made in term's of power and technology from a production car, I mean this since it's coming to the U.S.* so, it will be the most powerful and advanced car in the market. The test was just purely setup for results, to make good estimates on the car's targeted specs. Wouldn't you all agree with this? You'd be damned to catch Nissan testing the future gtr shell at Nurburgring, that place is plagued with car spy photographer's. Nissan showing the model would ruin the whole thing, really it would spoil the fun for us. Thus most companies use those tunnels like Nascar does for their pro-stock shells. They don't need a track for results on downforce/drag, just a windtunnel. But for engine, you can only get concrete results on the track. Is it not better to anticipate, hehe.

Thus, Nissan used this shell, since it is possibly the closest to the future gtr shell designs, wouldn't you suspect. They wouldn't use a new shell without backed up testing, so what they did they lowered it, and modified it for thier own uses.

For an engine, you can just as easily use an engine dyno. The point of running a car on the Nurburgring is to test it in a 'real world' environment. I would imagine they were testing the suspension and handling more than the engine.

LW.

That was another main focus, but those brakes are nearly identical to those on the concept? 6-pot(f), 4 pot®. I wonder where this will lead to, Ive never seen 6-pot's on a production car before, so It will probably be 4 pot all around once it goes mainstream I guess?

:boobs: