SAU Community

Keepin your bits clean

FaithStalker

So,

Here I am days away from the wife picking up my pristine 4wd Stagea,

and although most of the time we will be on the lovely tarmac roads of New Zealand, what can we do when we want to go a bit off road,

like gravel or muddy potted roads to get to surfing locations and campsites :mad:

I dont really want to damage the lovelly RS front lip and rear lower spoiler.....and also the colour coded mudflaps? last thing i want is to see is them ripped off and crunched under the rear wheels!!!

So what can we do???

yes yes before you say we shouldnt have bought this lovelly machine for that, we're a little low on funds for me to get a crappy clapped out 4x4 for weekends.....

obviously a suitable solution would be to take the rear bottom spoiler off and give it to me. I don't have one on my ride. This will mean that you will not damage it when going off road, safe in the knowledge it is being looked after. id do this for you, but only cause it's you :mad:

I'm not sure there really is a good answer to this, you'll really just have to chose the terrain you drive on, and avoid the big pot holes or ridges in the embankments. You don't want to take the bits off each time you go for a drive, or else you'll be driving around without bumpers etc a good portion of the time.

Maybe to avoid some stone chips you could get colour coded vinyl stickers made up for the leading edges of the spoilers etc. Maybe some stuff like clear durseal from a stationery place as well, but do some checking on that, I don't know how the paint under it would like it if you keep replacing the stuff.

Just some thoughts.

thanks Saft. yeah that's the stuff I was thinking of. Our company cars have that stuff across the front of the bonnets for that reason, stone chips. FaithStalker....got it yet? Was saturday pickup wasn't it :D Be prepared not to hear from your wife for a couple of days, don't worry it's common when a new owner picks up their Stagea :D

Pickup has been delayed a bit - with us being just a few month off the boat from the UK we havnt much capital, so the bank loan is taking a bit longer that thought :D

Wednesday now, jeez louise your kiwi's have expensive banks, 14.9% and then an arrangement fee too!!, should have got one back in the UK before i left at 6% :D

anyhows, looking at getting a K&N panel filter in there (any part codes would be helpful) and then decat the zaust but keep the back box standard for now.

on a turbo car i know that decatting requires some controller for the boost or some restriction somewhere, i assume its all ok to decat an Normally Asp. car?

needs some decent rear speakers too and probably amp+sub in the boot as bass is weak out the back, then change the actual stereo headunit too,

can i do this in stages? perhaps amp+sub first?

i watched Fast'n'Furious 2 last night, so i'm thinking adjustable suspension, neons, flamer kits, nos :insane: :(