SAU Community

Pulsar GTi-R

Got a friend with a nicely modded GTiR (exhaust, intercooler, boost controller, chipped ecu) and he hasnt had any problems with it (except for one gearbox breakage). Hes had the car for over 2 years now. It does drink petrol like crazy though, and Ive heard the same from other owners...

I've since sold the GTiR and moved onto the GTR

The GTiR didn't have many problems, just CVs and rear diff

Still looking at sky high insurance costs, costs of parts combination of expensive uncommon things and common pulsar parts. Big theft target too, mine was stolen from new owner ;)

My options are to either buy a pulsar gtir and add a full whiteline handling kit, hks gtrs, FMIC, exhaust and super sequential BOV and a bit of rice. (mags). Or, have a stock standard r32 gtr.

Now, which should i go for? in a race who do you think would win? If i had the gtir with those mods, what power and quarter times am i looking at? Thanks for your help huys

Regards

Chris

CSV Imports

To be honest I can still hardly afford the upkeep of a GTR even with the money I have coming in. I know I couldnt when I was 18 thats for sure. Those mods would get a GTiR into the 12s no doubt but you're missing alot of essential parts to make it move quicker.

Thanks alot morgs, those were just my basic mods, th ones that I can afford now. Once I sell my excel (dont laugh, my folks bought it for me), the money should be good for an OS Giken gear set. I also plan to get a Power FC, sard 1000cc injectors, new nismo front diff, DBA brakes, or a brake urgrade to r33 gtr brakes some more rice, Audio and lots of other things.

Is there anything else I need? My engineer said I wouldnt have to resport to forgies yet but it would be advisable. so I spose I better add that to the list of Mods.

Definately need to put more thought into it

Dont bother with anything from Japan GTiR is an old car most of the stuff isnt still made or cheap - get a half PAR dog box (straight cut gears) or similar, it'll be expensive noisy and unfriendly but won't break.

On the ECU side maybe look for something with antilag and launch control, hell they were rally cars, autronic would be good value for money. Wont need 1000cc injectors unless you're aiming for 1000hp :D Brake upgrade GTR brakes will fit from memory but you'll need a set of 17s to fit them.

Depends on how much power you want. GTiR SR20 is a good motor personally I wouldn't touch it unless I had to long as the compression is fine, just need to upgrade fuel IC oil cooler and it'll live through a fair bit of punishment. Dont forget the drivetrain.

Either way you've got potential to put yourself through a fair bit of financial pain.

A 4 door GTS4 on the other hand.... :D

Yea my gts4 sedan has put a dent in my pocket. Yea I heard about some dog box from some where which was aparantly extreamy hardy, will get back to you on that one... The gtir comes out wiht 440cc right? so what do you recommend? 660cc? Yes i will have 17s so gtr brakes should be okay, and the whiteline kit to correct the understeer... SO what cpu is it that you reccomend? Now it sounds to me as though you dont exactly like the gtir engine that much, any reasons? Are you pointing me in the direction of the gtr? What made you change? If I can get myself a clean RELIABLE gtir into the 12s without too much of a hassle than I will be happy!!

If you only want 12s its too easy.

Dogbox PPG is another one...

IF you wanted 12s, get a full exhaust (decent dump pipe is important), EBC (1 bar), decent intake cold air/pod filter, and a tune. That should give you enough power to run 12s all day. I know guys who run low 12s on the standard 14" wheels/tyres with that combo, freaky quick. All you need is a huge launch. Can kill boxes but how often would you do it...

GTiR motor is good SR. I went to GTR because it was the car I've always wanted and I found one which stood out so I had to have it. Still paying the price lol

You can do it on the standard box no worries, its been 2 years odd for the guys I previously mentioned running low 12s. Don't do it every week tho. Thanks, let us know how you go.