SAU Community

R32 sedan no speedo!!

Hi guys,

Yesterday I was changing illumination globes as half of them had blown, so carefully pulled out dash and cluster.

But when I next drove it I had no power steering or speedo (everything else on cluster works other then k counter and speed.)

I was very carefull and plugded it all back in and even double checked.

Checked all fuses that I could find but all fine.

please help if you can.

Thanks

do the R32's use electric speedo's or was there a big cable thing going into the back of the cluster.....sounds like something is not plugged in correctly.....you are simply going to have to remove the cluster again and check everythin you touched the first time around.

Are you sure you clipped the speedo drive into the back of the speedo. You have to engage the square centre properly or it will pop out.

I think this is the only thing that would stop the speedo from working.

I'm not sure how this would affect the power steering but maybe it requires some sort of speed sensing to operate properly.

i got the same prob right now

took it to my auto electrician and told me that it is cable driven and that the cable and sensors near the gearbox seem to be fine, he said the problem could be within the cluster itself.

I havn't had time to get it checked out, so i would be interested to see how you fixed it.

Yeah, look for the lil spring that goes wid the cable and the speedo cluster when u connect the 2 togetha... if it's not all connected u won't have a speedo, odometer or power steering (trust me :()...

There's a lil white thing that goes between the cluster and the cable and there's a spring in it... make sure that springs there and that it's all plugged in right (it's a bitch to do - took me bout 10 goes! lol!) and then bob's your uncle!