SAU Community

what did you get for your bucks

mcnamg

Hey Guys Hows It Going on this hot afternoon? ;)

Just thought I would start a thread to ask people what kind of stereo installs they have or are planning for their beasts.

I know that boot space is awfully handy for a couple of subs and amps but was wondering how people were setting them up to save load space and so forth and if anyone scored any trick stereo gear from japan with their beast

Moderators I know this is not the right section for this but because the stagea community is still small I thought maybe this post was more relevent in here. Feel free to move it though.

;)

Glenn

Mine came with a Kenwood MD Player. Bonus I thought 'cause my old car had a Sony one. But for some reason it won't play my Minidiscs. Plus there are no rear speakers. I'm planning on having an Alpine IVA-D300 head unit which I will run my Ipod through. Not sure about what kind of amps and speakers and subs and stuff yet. I'll have to speak to a couple of sound installers to see what they recommend.

yeah im definately going to go alpine simply cos i know the state distributor and can get some $$$ off the prices ;)

and cos they are good as i also know the reps for JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony and Panasonic I may choose some of their bits and pieces too. There are some benefits to working in electrical retail I suppose ;)

Mine came with the TV and sat nav option. Although the it can't pick up the stations and the sat nav don't work in Australia, I still have all the over the gear with it. I've found a video and audio inputs so I'm planning on getting a portable DiVx/MP3 player and plugging it in ;)

I scabbed the CD stacker out of the last car which plugged straight into the new one with no problems, and I've also got lined up a nice punchy 10inch sub and a MTX amp for the boot.

Apart from that, I'll just replace the speakers with good 6.5 inch 3 ways and that's it.

J

hey guys my stagea is getting my old setup from my vl which consists of 2 10" orion subs, 2 alpine v12 amps, and two mb quartz 6.5' upfront and 2 of the same in the rear mounted on the front of the sub boxes. headunit is a clarion deck with all the fruit :wassup:

gonna do one sub on each side so space is still usuable ;) mount the subs facing the opposite side of the car and towards the roof so pretty much on a 45 degree angle to the boot floor and then the rear splits mounted facing opposite corners of the front pillars (hard to explain) and prolly mount the amps fluch in the floor (raise the floor alittle bit maybe)

should pump some nice bass ;)

anyway thats the planned setup once the engine install is done :rofl:

atm the vl is about 2 days from getting sent to the shop for the ecu and tune, so ill be getting on with the 26 install very very very soon :aroused:

cheers

Brad

Mine came with alpine MD and alpine cd but lazer in cd player is shot so i am about to replace it with alpine AVI-D300 hope to get it at cost price with some Dwn Autobarn sponsership (they sponsered my other ride with JBL GTi everything 146db) so they should look after me. The rest will have to wait until I get backto Darwin.

Cheers ICE

Ive just had the Kicker treatment applied to the Stagea. Had the speakers form my R32 coupe, Components in the front doors and rears in the standard mounting points. Tweeters are mounted on the front doors at the pointy bit in the tear shape of the pod (if you know what I mean), rear set of componets has the tweets mounted ontop of the mid speaker. Kicker 4 channel Amp sits in the boot in the rear tyre well, with fan drawing air from the side panel flap on the left hand side of the car. Cool air to keep the Amp happy and breathing. No spare wheel anymore though due to the setup. Amp and spare battery along with fans, are all mounted in the tyre well and with the top flap closed it looks completely standard, two subs will be in the rear compartment, in separate small boxes located (they will be movable to add flexibility) at each rear corner of the car, faceing inwards at opposing angles so as to not distort the waves as had been recommended to me. Good thing about those locations is they have the pop up luggage retaining hooks that I can utilise to hook the boxes too, meaning that if evasive manouvers are required then the boxes won't travel anywhere.

I'll flick some pics up once we've vacuumed it out a bit. Only finished late Friday and then we went away for the weekend, so needs a clean up before I go taking photos:)

My mate did it, he's a bloody legend!

Has anyone else got tweaters in the A-pillars? mine came with them, and they look like a factory job.

other than that i replaced the door speakers, they sound good enough for me. A set of subs for the boot is on the cards.

Apparently the tyre well is perfect for a subtle sub if you don't want to lose boot space, but then you also don't have a spare tyre.

Has anyone else got tweaters in the A-pillars? mine came with them, and they look like a factory job.  

other than that i replaced the door speakers, they sound good enough for me. A set of subs for the boot is on the cards.

Apparently the tyre well is perfect for a subtle sub if you don't want to lose boot space, but then you also don't have a spare tyre.

Ours has tweeters in the A pillars, work well there.;)

Likewise, and the factory double-DIN single CD/tape/tuner has got a lot of punch (120W PMPO). Even though the door speakers are dual-cones, they still produce a pretty good sound.

I'm staring at my old JVC 12-Stacker & V12 amp pondering the fitment of them & my Philips sub to my car....

well i'm removing the standard double din head unit. the FM converter works, but loves to drop out under power lines and in flat spots, and half my CD's (legit versions) don't play very well, or don't play at all.

My plans are a decent single head unit and then replacing the empty space with a set of 3 guages, boost, oil pressure and intercooler temp. make it look like a GTR ;)

pretty sure they all have the tweets on the A pillar. Not sure there is much room behind the a pillar for the tweeters of an aftermarket set of speakers to be mounted, so I haven't bothered using those mounting points. I am searching though for internal screamer sirens to replace the factory tweeters in behind those small a pillar grills. To be wired up to the alarm system.

I've seen quote a few without them, all at dealers. must have been a very common option installed.

i think the only way to replace the tweaters is to remove the inner cones on a set of 3way speakers.

oh okay, sorry I stand corrected, the only ones I had seen were with tweeters. I'll count myself a lucky one then :) yeah if the space is that tight, ie only a set of those cut off tweeters will do the job then I might have quite a time fitting screamers in there then. Will have to do a bit of research around that sometime one weekend.

Hi guys, I'm looking at sorting out my stereo situation soon as like 'Terminal' I'm pretty sick of my standard head unit being temperamental with CD's and also the fm reception being fairly weak. Also had similar idea with the guages in the centre, depends how carried away I get with the audio install I suppose.

One of my rear door speakers is toast so I had a quick look to see if I could use some 3 way speakers I had from a previous car but the magnet was too big to clear the window and wouldn't fit without cutting the factory mounts etc. I'm wondering if I can fit some components without having to modify the doors too much. Has anyone replaced their door speakers yet?

Also got a sub and amp sitting around from previous car so more then likely that'll end up going in soon too.

I've reinstalled all my door speakers. i put 160W dual cones in the front and 180W 3-ways in the back, these were all 160cm Pioneers. you need to get special 6" speakers, the ones with extra screw holes slightly further from the center than standard 6"s, and only pioneer and i think jvc do these sort of speakers, but don't hold me to that.

I can take pics if you want, i replaced them all in about 40 minutes.