SAU Community

Who owns A31_Cefiro

Morgs

Hey did i see you travelling north along the pacific highway yesterday (Monday 4th)? (About 5.30pm i'd say) Heading toward Hornsby/F3 at Wahroonga. Looked like the car in your avatar... red Cefiro, white rims?

Sweet car... what year model is it? You needed to get it complied right? I was thinking of importing an 88 model next year under the 15 year rule.. theres a few interesting ones every now and then.

It's a 1990 model CA31. I had it complied no problems. I've seen a few Earlier cars coming up at auctions, not sure what's happening on that 15 year rule but I may look at bringing one in for parts when they come up.

From what I've learnt there wasn't a standard manual turbo. I could be wrong though. My car was originally an NA manual that was converted to turbo in Japan.

I just found out my fuel tank is very rusty and a massive layer of silt (fine rust) has built up inside the tank and that's what ruined the fuel tank. Was going to be expensive but I managed to source a tank cheap. Hence the reason I'm thinking of bringing one in for spares... *chuckle*

Free plug for Croydon Racing developments (formally Croydon Auto Sports) I have found them very easy to deal with and knowledgable. Highly recommended. :)