SAU Community

GT30 Straight Bolt on??

EVL R33

Ok fella's,

Need some 'expert' knowledge. Does anyone know if a Garrett GT30 BB will bolt straight on to an RB25det?? I know they need an external wastgate, but I've been told (pretty reliable source too) that they are a T3 flange the same as the RB25.

Cheers

Brett

well it WILL bolt on to your manifold, but i wouldnt rec. fitting that tubo in the factory location if you can get it 2 fit with all the intercooler piping & crap

Besides the GT30 would not like it 2 sit in that factory position & the pipe for the external waste gate.

I wanted to do the GT30 conversion but it would be way to expensive (im modding my car for road usage not drag/track usage)

GT30 = $2500+

Manifold = $1400+

Waste Gate = $600+

Labour = quite abit since you gotta move things around & crap

+ you will HAVE to get new injectors, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator & then the retuning on the power fc, all addsup

if you want to make 230rwkw or so its a waste of money 2 do that type of conversion & that turbo is rated 500HP+

there is a smaller internal waste gated version avabliable according to gcg but i'm not to sure wether they fit properly.

and you cna get them trimed right down I was very close to getting one a few months ago you can also do it using the rb25 turbo's exhaust flange which makes it easier but that is not ideal .

I would go for the rb25 turbo rebuild with roller bearing center etc good for450 hp or the vg30 hiflow. if you want ease of fitment.

meggala

Thanks for the info guys.. I've been talking to my mechanic over here and there really isn't a straight bolt on option unless you:

a)rebuild / hiflow the standard turbo, or

B) go japanese namebrand...

Now, I'm told that it would cost around the $2,200 mark to do the rebuild, and I can source a HKS 2530 band new for just under $2,600. Now I'm told the 2530 will bolt straight on to the RB25 with no changes to manifold etc. I would also think the HKS would be a full ball bearing turbo and could handle more power???

Any thoughts???

Cheers

Brett

A31,

Not sure where I'm getting it from yet, but have a price from Nengun for the 2530.. So two questions for ya:

1. does the 2535 bolt straight on to the RB25det and is it internally wastegated,

and

2. if the 2535 is full ballbearing is the 2530 not????

Cheers dude,

Brett

Originally posted by EVL R33

A31,

Not sure where I'm getting it from yet,  but have a price from Nengun for the 2530..   So two questions for ya:

1.  does the 2535 bolt straight on to the RB25det and is it internally wastegated,

and

2. if the 2535 is full ballbearing is the 2530 not????

Cheers dude,

Brett

Both are ballbearing. The GT series are all ballbearing. The GT25's may require an adaptor if they have a different flange bolt pattern. As long as they have a T3 flange style they will fit pretty easy.

The turbo killer T and Chris have cost about $1500 and is bolt on. It's not a ballbearing style tho' but with only 1bar gives a nice 300+ rwhp (over 200rwkw).

Yeah as Rev210 said on the turbos...

HKS sell the turbos with a T25 style flange and a T3 style flange. From what I know the T25 flange fits the SR20DET and RB26DETT manifolds. The T3 flange fits the RB20DEt and RB25DET....

Please correct me if I'm wrong here...

What type of Turbo does Killer T have?

Originally posted by A31_Cefiro

Yeah as Rev210 said on the turbos...

HKS sell the turbos with a T25 style flange and a T3 style flange. From what I know the T25 flange fits the SR20DET and RB26DETT manifolds. The T3 flange fits the RB20DEt and RB25DET....

Please correct me if I'm wrong here...

What type of Turbo does Killer T have?

It's a hybrid rebuild of the stock unit. Uses Rx7 hitachi bits, Brett from PSI fixed him up from memory.

GT 2530 will fit directly into the rb20/25 manifold & will sit in that location happily, but damn aint the 2530 small

i think it will take u to like 230rwkw or so IF THAT!has any1 fitted one on their rb20/25 with a really good result.

i wouldnt spend $1.5k+ on it & only make that amount., i would say its more like a rb25det turbo on a rb20 with just earlier response and bit more midrange torque

why spend $1.5k on it when u can spend $500 and bolt it up lol

i could be wrong

i would rather wait around for a IHI or a TD06 turbo or something like that.