SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

I guess all these power gaining mods tend to loose all of the available low end torque our RB20's have hey.

It might be nice to try the cylinder head off of your GTS4 TurboX, but I like the smaller chamber of the DE engine.

Hey Boostn32, is your ride a street RB20 or race only?

Turbine

i have a RB20DET in my s13 but yet to put it on the dyno do any of you guys know what i should expect power wise

RB20DET

VG30DET turbo

SAFC11

Fuel pump

600/300/100 FMIC

Drift zorst 3inch

High flow cat

Boost at 1 Bar

What should i expect with this sut up

I still need a engine management but i am undecided on what to get any suggestions

I guess all these power gaining mods tend to loose all of the available low end torque our RB20's have hey.

It might be nice to try the cylinder head off of your GTS4 TurboX, but I like the smaller chamber of the DE engine.

Hey Boostn32, is your ride a street RB20 or race only?

Turbine

its a Drift car, but will be used on the street as well, but then again i will be drifting it, doing track days and drags, its only a matter of suspension setup to suit what im doing. this car wont be a daily driver, more like a weekend toy and track car.

ok the engine build begins tonight, will add pics as i go. this is the engine im chasing 300rwkw+

Can you tell me what crank you will be using? As you are using the same turbo as me, im interested to know if we can compare our resutls. A std Rb20 vs an RB20 with headowrk, cams etc etc

A quick comparo of some of the setups that have been posted in the sticky thread. I would have put more on, except its hard to retain clairty, thats why i split the boost and power curves as ven when plotted on different Y-Axis, with so many lines it was confusing.

Ans apologies to those i didnt add, its just that i grabbed a few different tubo setups that were dunod using road speed, as i dont have my spreadsheet to change road speed into rpm

But needless to say FATGTS-R is leaving us all for dead at the moment :D Carl H is with him but cant match him until that GT30R leaps onto boost

edited to be all in one plot

RB20_Comparo1.JPG

I dunno if its right, i just hot plot once i entered it into a spreasheet, thoguh lookign at it ...it does look wrong. ill get back to yah...you should be way over us all :P

LOL...fixed now. Just the one plot...only yours was in black so could be seen against the backgraound when i changed the colour from white to black ;)

LOL..its still not right as you can see my boost curve...ill try again alter tonight when i get a minute

ok well i didnt get started as yet, spent all day cleaning parts again and re-checking all the clearances.

Just thought i would add im using a RB26 water pump as the blades are 11mm wide instead of the RB20 that have 8mm wide blades, they bold straight on and reccomend that anyone that is replacing there water pump to use a RB26 one, im also using a RB26 oil pump, not sure if it fits but i will let every one know how it goes

post-12049-1139665748.jpg

roy u have done something funky with the bottom end of the graph

for instance at 95km/hr im making 75rwkw and your making about 80rwkw

but on the comparo graph ur making 160rwkw and im making 120rwkw

i think ur giving the rb20 bottom end a bit too much credit :D

roy u have done something funky with the bottom end of the graph

for instance at 95km/hr im making 75rwkw and your making about 80rwkw

but on the comparo graph ur making 160rwkw and im making 120rwkw

i think ur giving the rb20 bottom end a bit too much credit :(

LOL...farkin spreadsheets :D I was bored at work and trying to do it covertly. Im half pissed and bored at 12.30am in a hotel...ill try again but cant guarantee the result will be any better considering the state im in :D

that 4th gear comparo for road speed to revs...cool, i need my spreadsheet on my laptop to work it out accurately. What sized tyres have you assumed, (tyre circumference)???