SAU Community

C16 Race fuel and Avgas Question?

Can anyone help me understand how these fuels work.

Are they able to run through a standard fuel system?

Can I adjust timing through programmable ECU?

What modifications ( if any) are needed to run these fuels on the track?

avgas can be run as a normal fuel, there arent alot of advantages except u may be able to run a little more boost. The c16 is a totally different game, as it is a very light fuel with a much higher liquid to gas exchange rate this means you need alot more to fill the combustion chamber and very quickly. Your standard fuel system will not cope you will firstly need to up the injectors so the fuel can flow faster, up the pump or at least regulate the pressure. You will also need to make drastic ignition timing changes which can not be applied to any other fuels you will need to run alot more advance as the fuel burns different to normal fuel, i can check with my dad the exaact principles behind it all as he has played around with methonol motors before. Best idea for a quick fix is avgas with 25% toulene (methylbenzyne i think, maybe??). Hope this little bit helps tell me if u need more info i can definately help you out!! :P

Apart from that AVGAS will stuff your cat in no time at all. I've heard it can also damage the oxygen sensor.

It is chock full of lead. Even 100LL(low lead) has some thing like 4 times the lead the old Super had.

The EPA will fine you big-time if they find this stuff in your car. Just a warning. :cheers:

get a dyno-tune and run it on BP Ultimate or similar.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Hi i do buy a aftermarket headlight on ebay. For v35 skyline coupe. I know that its a plug and play and just use the old low beam light and balast from old headlight. But my problem is i dnt have knowlage on car and electrical thing. And the head light getnon ebay is the wire for halo ring light is not connected. I talk to the seller and he said that. What white and black wire for halo robg light is need to connect to RDL. Running day light. Anyone here can tell me how to connect it to Rdl? Which wire is yhe RDL?
    • Hey Kaz, Unfortunately I am not at home currently and wont be for a few more months so I do not have access to my files or CAD. And at this point I prefer to keep the files to myself as I want to potentially make a few more pairs and see if they will sell within the EU before openly marketing them. But the way it's shaped and how small it is, I don't think you can fit both an indicator and a fog light onto the same surround, unless they were very small LED-type clusters.
    • I’ve just installed a Uniclutch sport into my R32. I’ve been blown away by it… it drives like a stock Toyota Corolla. It doesn’t make sense to me that a performance clutch can drive this well. I was about to pull the trigger on a Nismo Coppermix twin plate when I discovered the Uniclutch and decided to give that a shot instead. They’ve changed the game and I couldn’t be happier.    I was previously using an Extreme cushioned button clutch with lightened flywheel. I’m still using the same lightened flywheel with the Uniclutch.
    • Mmmm no, that's a white series 2 R33 GTS-t
    • Oh and.... "no bubble on the dash" ---> immediate no mod status.