SAU Community

Can evo's be imported under the 15yr old rule

Kaido_RR

hey,

im currently looking for a car for my oldman and being an fan on the evo, i throught i look for one for him. now in australia the price of evo1/2/3 are pretty high and i remember seeing evo3 for sale in jap for around the 5/6k (the cost of the car + shipping)

now im not sure of the year but i remember the 1st evo was rls in 1990 :P being that the 15yr old rule has not change would it be possable to import one of this cars. and if so if anyone with experinces would know the price im looking for a stock clean one could you also plz relpy

ohh yeah wat is the different between an evo and gsr?

cheers mike

• 2 weeks later...

First EVO was built in 1992 so cant be imported under 15yr rule. There are plenty of Galant GSR 4wd's that have been imported under 15yr, they have the same 2l engine, 4wd etc.

They are a bit ugly but good bang for your bucks imo. Probably 6-9k depending on condition K's, mods etc.

B :wassup:

Arkon - He is talking about importing under SEVS not RAWS.

You also can't import 7's yet as the sole business accredited is only complying vehicles to sell at a BS inflated price! They are selling 7's for 52k LMAO, you can import them for 30 and I'm sure compliance is 22k!!

B :kick: