SAU Community

Looking at GTS-T

I have been looking to buy a 1994 GTS-T. Found one locally and i am after some advice on what to look for? any usual problems?

The mods the car has are 3" zaust, BOV, electronic boost control, Tein adjusle suspension and a GTR bodykit. I have taken most interest to this one cause the guy sellin it is 40, it has not been raced, and looks damn nice. Price on it is $23,000 neg with 90,000Km.

It also has4 wheel steering?? is this a bad thing? he claims it has about 180 rear wheel Kw at 10 psi. does this sound right?

any help would be great, as this is a great looking car and im hooked!!

Thanx :P

180 on 10psi, sounds a tad high i reckon for a stock turbo.

probally more like 165 odd kw.

For 23K it would want to be mint as, especially for a 94 model, Series 1?

Check for the usual, rust under the rear guards and under the undercarrage/chasis rails. Seen quite a few rusted there. (Must be from the snow in Japan)

Check air-con system works properly. For 23k it ought too. (Digital display and control seems to be a common problem with them)

Also just because he is 40, doesn't mean it hasn't been raced. Most people want a line for a reason.

For 23k i would want a full service history from Japan and Aus as well.

And remember if its done 90k, you will be up for a timing belt soon, which will cost a few $ too.

If you are paying top dollar, make sure you get close to 12months rego as well.

Its a buyers market currently so you should be able to do alright out of it.

Does it have a FMIC or standard cooler?

180 on 10psi, sounds a tad high i reckon for a stock turbo.

probally more like 165 odd kw.

For 23K it would want to be mint as, especially for a 94 model, Series 1?

Check for the usual, rust under the rear guards and under the undercarrage/chasis rails. Seen quite a few rusted there. (Must be from the snow in Japan)

Check air-con system works properly. For 23k it ought too. (Digital display and control seems to be a common problem with them)

Also just because he is 40, doesn't mean it hasn't been raced. Most people want a line for a reason.

For 23k i would want a full service history from Japan and Aus as well.

And remember if its done 90k, you will be up for a timing belt soon, which will cost a few $ too.

If you are paying top dollar, make sure you get close to 12months rego as well.

Its a buyers market currently so you should be able to do alright out of it.

Does it have a FMIC or standard cooler?

i have to disagree ... that powerlevel is about right ... my car had 162rwkw ... and that was an auto at 10psi ... so ~180 seem right on ...

however i agree with the rest ... 23k is pretty high for that type of car ... i think for 23k u can get a series2 with even more mods done already ...

Thanx guys.

It does have a FMIC.

I am after something that is fairly standard mechanically. wot price do ya reckon i should pay for it. it is in very good condition in and out, only thing i could find was a small crack in front bar.

do they all have 4 wheel steer? is this something i should be wary of?

:cheers:

Do a search on 'hicas' for the 4ws query.

The power level sounds about right, im on 185-190rwkw @ 12psi with the same mods. I still think it might be abit rich, maybe it would be a nicer priced car (depending on condition of course) if it was around $21k (being a '94).

Check the for sale thread.

The other thing is, don't r33 gtst's only cost about 11K landed and complianced, that's minus any 'borkerage' fee from an importer?

EDIT: DO NOT pay 23K for it, that's *way* too much, just thought I'd make that clear.

The other thing is, don't r33 gtst's only cost about 11K landed and complianced, that's minus any 'borkerage' fee from an importer?
Try a solid $15-16k.