SAU Community

Looking at buying R33

Hello, i am looking at buying a 1997 R33 GTS-T, is there anything to be weary of?

the car has 66,000kms on the clock and $25,000 since my last experience with a skyline was a 89 Ti and i have been in fords ever since!!!...

some helpfull advise would be great.

thanks

They will not be the genuine Kms , they all come over like that ! never over 90,000kms , check what mods have been done and where they done ie: Which shop did the work , you could then ring them and ask about it .

Take it to a shop yourself and get them to look at it !

then all the usual used car junk that you do.

or you could just buy mine !!!!! Skylines Australia car of the month for October !

$25k is abit on the rich side especially since it is stock although it is from an importer/dealer so you may be able to talk them down afew $k.

For $25k i'd want something in absolutely mint condition, not a single mark or scratch making over 220rwkw before i'd even open both eyes at it but then again you may want a totally stock car.

Save your money and buy a '94-'96 for around $16-20k that already has a sound system, exhaust and maybe wheels etc. For example my '95 has 100,000km on it and is slightly modified and I want $19k. To take your '97 from stock form to where my '95 is (mods) would cost you a solid $8k ($25k + $8k = $33k for an R33 GTS-t = *ouch*) and it's still only pushing 190rwkw.

If I had $25k to play with i'd be looking at a '91-'93 R32 GTR or a heavily modified R33 GTS-t with all the work already done.

:P

thats fine, but its gonna be the missus car, i really dont want it doing 190kw, and i like that year body shape without going for a 99 model, and i do prefer a stock car and even if it costs more to do the little things that make a car, at least i know whats there, like if i was to get a car with 250kw at the wheels, you dont know whats inside of it and weather they took the cheap way out and used budget internals or decient stuff.

so i am the kind of person who likes to preform my own mods at my trusted mechanic, the main point is i am after a reliable car...

and in comments with the price, the window price was 29990, which i reall thought was high!!! and he has come down to 25,000, now i put this down to the fact that it is a 1997 model, they are going to put 19" Drift R wheels on it, and its only 66,000 kms, but like i said i am only new to imports and the last skyline i own'd was an 89 which i had no drama's what so ever, i only hope the new car will do the same.

But in regards to the power, i currently have a 2003 BA FPV GT-P with 257rwkw, but trouble is the car is really heavy 1.9ton to give a figure, but we are looking to sell it and then i will be purchasing a car for myself, just havint decided between TwinTurbo Supra or Skyline, mainly i am looking towards Autosalon and competing in the sound comp, and looking to beat the australian record of 163Db, a hatch is really good for this purpose, but i lub the look of the skyline, Damn why must there be so many nice cars around!!!!!

In that case being for the missus you could save even more money. Quite easily get a stock car (maybe air filter and exhaust at the most) for $16-18k (94-96 model). A $30k window price for a '97 (last year model of the R33 GTS-t's) is absolutely outrageous.

I'd suggest spending an hour in the 'For Sale' section and your eyes might open slightly wider.

lol, this car is from a dealer/importer, no work done, stock, except it had a remote start, but no remotes lol just antena.

can you e-mail or msn me some details...

[email protected]

[email protected]

just click on the link in my sig to see the mods , and click on the pic link on the side in my profile to see the pics , I would send you out the info , but it takes forever for me to type it out to each person seperately,

it's making 160rwkw on low boost , and at the push of a button it is around 180rwkw, it's very streetable as it has the standard turbo.

Just to put things in perspective, I bought my 97 GTST just over 6 months ago for $20k. It's in mint condition, was basically stock when I bought it (other than exhaust, air filter, Mines ECU and 17" wheels) and had been owned by a mature age owner. Had service records and receipts for timing belt change etc as well. He initially advertised the car for $23k, but I bargained him down to $20k. I looked at a lot of Series II GTST's over a few months and this one was by far the neatest example I had seen. I was prepared to pay up $23k, but by searching for a while and bargaining a little, I think I got myself a fantastic buy. My advise - be patient, look at as many cars as you can and be prepared to bargain a little. You should be able to score yourself something very tidy for around $20k... $25k is way overpriced for a stocker.

$25,000 is way over priced.

Im selling my car if u would be interested

R33 gts-t very late 1995 $19990 neg

MODS:

*Hybrid GTspec intercooler (only came out this week, only 1 month old since the other one)

*Hyrbird boost controller

*Oil catch can

*K&n pod fillter

*3inch exhaust

*17inch Advan racing wheels

*Custom interior

*boost gauge

*turbo timer

*Alpine CD head unit worth $1000 with Type R alpine 6" at the back

Its runing on stock turbo (steal compresor wheel) on 13PSI

Dynoed 1st time 7/8psi 194rwkw then 13psi 217 (new cooler gained torgue and 4 kw)

It ran 13.3 at wsid, and was featured by hybrid in autosalon final battle 2004.

the car is only a weekend drive for me and im selling it because of my job not been so stable no more.

damn it fellas, your 3 hours too late... we just signed up for one today, get it tomorrow. thats some sweet looking cars too, i will be looking for a second car, but i am looking for a twin turbo.

I hope you could share your experiences with us in upgrading the skyline that we purchased.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=60253