SAU Community

Wheel and tyre sizes

Burns

Wheel and tyre sizes?

I am thinking about getting a Stagea some time soon and want to know if the wheels I got for my R33 will fit. They are buddy club P1’s 17X9 37 offset for the rear and 17X8 32mm offset for the front. I don’t have tyres on them yet but assume I would have to keep the rolling diameter exactly the same to avoid problem with the AWD system.

Thanks

do a search buddy there is a thread in here with all the info you require.

best bet before posting questions is to do a search and save yourself time and save everyone from posting the same stuff over and over

:D

Glenn

Wheel and tyre sizes?

I am thinking about getting a Stagea some time soon and want to know if the wheels I got for my R33 will fit. They are buddy club P1’s 17X9 37 offset for the rear and 17X8 32mm offset for the front. I don’t have tyres on them yet but assume I would have to keep the rolling diameter exactly the same to avoid problem with the AWD system.

Thanks

You want the same size wheel & tyres on the front and back AFAIK

mcnamg thanks I read that other thread but didnt see anything about having winder wheels and tyres on the back than on the front.

I would be running 225 45 17 on the 8' wide wheels on the front and 245 40 17 on the 9' inch wheels on the back so the rolling diamiter should be within a few mm.

I'm not sure, but I think the Attesa sytem will notice different traction from the fronts to the rears which could cause some issues...

My understanding from what I have read throughout this part of the forum is that you want to use the same size wheels and tread front and rear - however perhaps having a slightly smaller diameter at the rear will make the car think that the rears are slipping slightly and throw a little more drive to the fronts - which you may want...