SAU Community

Stalling with BOV

JH32

After I got my BOV fitted, the car stalls.

Now I've heard of this happening before, and people saying to tighten up the BOV.

But I have a GFB Mach 1, and I don't know how to tighten it?

Does anyone else have one??

Originally posted by JiMiH

haha yeah i know it sucks! :)

i'm hoping they're just teething problems :)  

I've got a go fast bits BOV.

I got a blitz none plumb back and it does stall sumtimes but i have got used to it so i can prevent it stalling. Its funny tho when sum1 else goes to drive it and they keep stallin it!

JIMIH..

With a external venting bov like the one that you got, it will stall no matter what you do.

If you tighten it a bit, it might stall less, but it will still stall or almost stall after it blows off due to the whole air flow meter issue.

To Tighten the GFB Mach 1, there is a screw on top. If you turn it clockwise, it will tighten it and push the piston a little lower so that it is completely closed during idle.

But your car will probably still stall in a situation like slowing down to a set of traffic lights or something.

If you are in sydney, and you want help then let me know..

I can help tighten it or whatever...

I've got a plumb back GFB bov on my car. It's briliant. No stalling, heaps better response when accelerating.. and a nice muffled khhhhhhh type sound through the pod filter during gear changes.

If you can still return it, and you want the psshhhtt sound, then see if you can excahange (with money on top) for a Hybrid BOV..

this way you will get the sound and no stalling.

cheers for that :)

i'm in Perth but I tightened it and it doesnt do it as much now ... I can sort of keep the revs up a little as I'm slowing down to the lights to keep it from stalling.

It's not as bad as it sounds, but it's just a little annoying sometimes ie. if you stall it in front of a group of people :)

My car used to stall too... It may be the BOV or bad tuning(e.g. air/fuel ratio,do u have a SAFC??)..

Anyway my POINT is it is REALLY DANGEROUS.... My car stalled once when it was raining and my car spinned 180 and skidded some distance and nearly hit another car...Imagine if it hit a passerby.... Lucky me!!!

I suggest u either solve the prob or change the BOV..... :cool:

I've heard that 'lines are very sensitive to externally venting BOV's so I got one of those GFB hybrids that plumbs back some air and vents the rest. Works awesome even with light spring pressure and it has never stalled, plus it's not too ricey. In fact the car runs better than with the factory valve, I think it must've been leaking or something

From memory I think one of the features of the SAFC is to allow for an atmo venting BOV.

Yeah here is the quote from the Apexi USA website:

" On hot-wire vehicles, the Deceleration Air Flow Correction function is capable of curing the erratic idle and stall problems associated with open-atmosphere blow-off valves on hot-wire air-flow meter systems."

Taken from here:

http://www.apexi-usa.com/electronics_safc.asp

So don't keep stalling, invest in a SAFC today. I'd also assume the PowerFC can do this as well but I've never looked into it....

Originally posted by A31_Cefiro

From memory I think one of the features of the SAFC is to allow for an atmo venting BOV.

Yeah here is the quote from the Apexi USA website:

" On hot-wire vehicles, the Deceleration Air Flow Correction function is capable of curing the erratic idle and stall problems associated with open-atmosphere blow-off valves on hot-wire air-flow meter systems."

Taken from here:

http://www.apexi-usa.com/electronics_safc.asp

So don't keep stalling, invest in a SAFC today. I'd also assume the PowerFC can do this as well but I've never looked into it....

I tried setting that but it does nothing!

Anyway my POINT is it is REALLY DANGEROUS.... My car stalled once when it was raining and my car spinned 180 and skidded some distance and nearly hit another car...Imagine if it hit a passerby.... Lucky me!!!

i used to have problems with my car stalling... however it was due to the afm. Its rather "exciting" when the car stalls infront of incoming traffic in an 80 zone...especially when you needed a new battery as well and when you tried to restart the car it would not crank over!!////:dump:

Originally posted by A31_Cefiro

Maybe you need to talk to Apexi then?

and that would achieve?????

when i set mine it seemed to work, the the problem is when u start the car cold the next day the idle gets all screwed up!