SAU Community

Importing is a joke!

noise

This one http://www.japanautodirect.com/auto.specsh...heet.cfm?id=274

Sunroof' date=' 17" RAYS alloys, A/M suspension, A/M Impul muffler, HKS air filter. Momo steering wheel, Sony CD MD player, Leather gear shift. Crack in windscreen, Paint chips RHF guard, Pindint RHR quarter panel. [b']An accident repair vehcle ( RHF inner and RAD support )[/b] Repair is clean. A low klm Skyline with a sunroof and a Great set of wheels.

Hi Drift, are you positive this is the same vehicle, as i would have thought this to be commercial suicide for a RAW to import and plate a car with MAJOR accident repair,s , especially one that has been spamed out and ever other RAW has given a big MISS to!!!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit, thanks for that drift, definately going to get in touch with Danny about that. That site also says it is on hold, if that seller has farked me around I will be completely pissed off. Could be because I have paid for it already, but I will have to try & see what can be done now.

:bs!:

Shit, thanks for that drift, definately going to get in touch with Danny about that. That site also says it is on hold, if that seller has farked me around I will be completely pissed off. Could be because I have paid for it already, but I will have to try & see what can be done now.

:bs!:

Ossie...Ossie...Ossie oi.oi.oi.

You should probably contact the RAW immediately!!!!! as it sounds like the compliace workshop involved MUST be unaware of the prevoius accident history.

Or allow for re-export costs( at your expense)...... be very careful

The car is still in Japan, but I have paid for it. The compliance will be done by the workshop at Imports101, so he probably dosen't know. All this when I thought it would be quite hassle free, but it better I am finding this out now!

I sent him an e-mail (due to the time), but he is still there. Here is his reply:

Ring me about it....

I'll let you guys know what's going on with this later on tonight.................

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, spoke to Danny and there won't be a problem with the car. It is only minor damage (probably sounds worse mentioning the inners/rad support), but the reason it is not listed in the Imports101 description is because they are a RAWS approved workshop. If they were just a broker then they can say about the accident damage (like the other site), but they did know about it.

He is certain he told me about it (due to the notes on their system), but I honestly can't remember it. There is no problem now though, the car is waiting to be shipped & I will still bring it in. It will pass the sevs because it was minor damage, so it is structually good still.

All info was appreciated from Danny, and from the ppl on this forum. Cheers - :P

accident repair vehicles are not to be complied ..end of story..

this is DODGY.

of course they new about it .. they just didn`t tell YOU...till u found out from this forum

they are just hoping it won`t be fully inspected by DOTARS

good luck

accident repair vehicles are not to be complied ..end of story..

this is DODGY.

of course they new about it .. they just didn`t  tell YOU...till u found out from this forum

they are just hoping it won`t be fully inspected by DOTARS  

good luck

Your "spot-on" Its a bit late after the vehicle is in Aust!!!!! and the workshop decides the damage exceeds the very clear RAW guidelines. Who pays for re-export?

The RAW is to inspect in Japan or not import a Crash Repaired Vehicle, email [email protected] and ask them if it can be imported.

It is expected that a RAW would take all reasonable steps to avoid importing a crash damaged or corroded vehicle.

http://raws.dotars.gov.au/Download/PDF/RAW...uide%20July.pdf

It is not possible for a RAW to provide a reasonable level of assurance that a crash damaged or corroded vehicle, where the structural integrity of the vehicle has been affected, complies with all of the applicable ADRs. Therefore, it is not permissible for a RAW to fit a used import plate to such a vehicle.

Crash damaged or corroded vehicles where the structural integrity may be affected must be re-exported or destroyed.

The criteria below must be used as a minimum when deciding if crash damage or corrosion is likely to affect the structural integrity of the vehicle.

Underbody damage which results in the:

Ø crushing of floorpan stiffening members,

Ø splitting of seam welds or

Ø tearing of the metal

q Damage to rocker panels (or outer sill) which result in:

Ø Dents to a depth of more than 25 mm

Ø Creasing, distortion of the sill weld

q Distortion to longitudinal rails affecting the front and rear crush zones.

q Collision damage to steering or suspension components.

q Damage to the vehicle’s outer body panels, which affect the integrity of any of the seams or joints installed by the vehicle manufacturer.

q Corrosion (rust) which has resulted in perforation or flaking of the metal.

When checking the condition of the vehicle the following items need to be inspected but not necessarily in this order:

q Engine compartment

q Right side

q Luggage cargo compartment

q Left side

q Underbody or chassis frame

q Passenger compartment

There is no structural damage, & I am happy with what Danny told me. IF it is worse than expected, the seller in Japan will be held responsible, as they are aware of our regulations & know where the car is going. Even then Imports101 would probably take responsibility for it, because any legal action arising from this would only give them, but most likely the seller a lot of shit.

I am certain he isn't being dishonest with me, and I believe the repair was only minor damage. I can just remember him telling me there was accident repair, but this was about 2 weeks before I even bought this one. I don't see anything coming out of this anyway, but if something happens I am third in line so if it is rejected I can't be held responsible.

IF it is worse than expected, the seller in Japan will be held responsible, as they are aware of our regulations & know where the car is going.

Yeah right call or email them and ask if they will refund the money if it is damaged beyond RAWS standards after it was posted that it had repairs.

http://www.japanautodirect.com/

Japan Auto Direct

1-23-23 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku

Tokyo, Japan 150-0001

+81-3-5772-8741 (T) / +81-3-5772-8742 (F)

I think the whole key to this is whether or not the structural integrity has been affected. As with what I was told, the repair was only minor, but because Imports101 is importing the car & complying it, they would not bring it in if it could not be accepted to Australian standards. I have read the dotars file (cheers driftt btw), and don't see a problem transpiring from all of this.

It seems to have been worked up a fair bit in this forum, but there is a guarantee involved with all of this too. I am happy with what I have been told, but I have a feeling there won't be a problem bringing it in, as it will only hurt their reputation.

http://www.imports101.com.au/about_us.php?page=3

I've seen this scenario over and over so many times.

So many people think they can get the bargain car by importing it, but there are more people getting ripped off by many of the brokers, who use another broker in Japan, who in turn just look at the condition sheet report with out even making the effort to inspect the car BEFORE the auction...

This results in the unacceptable quality of cars being imported, and is a key reason for the 15 year rule being changed.

When are people going to realise that they are not likely to import a bargain, and that a majority of older cars are sold for the reason they are old, and tired???

Of 10, 15 year cars my staff in Japan would inspect, only 1 or 2 would be worth importing. Sample a demographic of individuals who imported a 32 GTR or gtst and ask if the cars needed work. I have supplied at least 7 rebuilt engines and thousands of dollars of parts to people with exactly this problem.

Like one post said, there are more than enough excellent used imports here, that are all tidy and are likely have had all the repairs needed done (if the safety certificate is legitimate).

This is a major reason why I have stopped importing any cars, and really could not be bothered. I am one of the few who actually paid top dollar in Japan for my cars, but it seems as though there are so many crap imports in the market place now, buyers can't tell the difference between shit and whats not. Thus, according to the punters, it is all shit and then shit money should be paid, then discounted even more... Then they wonder why the engine has a cracked head, or block, orthe most common scenario, the white smoke of death! (blown turbo or 2).

I still get told about "my mate can get a R34 GTR for under $20k on the road, so your car is too expensive".

Good luck to you all (obvisously there are exceptions) who always get the bargains - but never seem to drive them, or indicate the true cost of the cars.

This post title is so true - Importing really is a joke - which is why I am over it all....

You are 100% correct with your post, it is probably the most accurate describtion of this industry I have read. As a RAW I very carfully select my own vehicles, if i import a pig its my arse!!!!. Brokers on the other hand dont give a s#i% as long as the fee is paid up here and they get there loading from the buyer in J their happy. Interestingly though all the recent B/S regarding brokers NOT owning the vehicles and only acting as purchasing agents///// how come they are now offering vehicles for sale with import approvals allready in hand or being applied for? the last time i applied for a import apro i had to fill in the box asking for the "OWNERS NAME" !!!!! brokers must have ESP lets hope they use there super powers for the good of ALL man-kind ah.

Great point regan... I agree with you...

I do not get specialty cars for people anymore - I politely decline the "opportunity" and suggest getting a car that is already here as at least there is some recourse if there are problems. It is near impossible to have integrity and be in the car importing business and make a living.

How many users of this forum are disadvantaged as they are now un-able to import a-

MX-5 ?

Nissan Patrols?

Commercial vehicles?

Toyota Surfs?

Toyota Celsior?

ect...ect

32 skylines will shortly be avaliable through a RAW as will Zeds!!!! 33,s have allways been avaliable and have never qualified as 15 year old imports.

The SEV,s list has also made vehicles avaliable, never imported here previously such as the V-35 and the Stagea with many new models to follow...

You all have the right to be "dark" with the way the decision was implemented, and i would agree with the conspiracy theorists as to who had what input. But I fail to see how the new "Regs" can STOP anybody importing a 1989-current Skyline..... After all is this not called SKYLINES AUSTRALIA........ The MX-5 club may be complaining!!!!!