SAU Community

RB30DE power??

08Elf

I've tried searching the net and this site, but can't find anything that say how much power you get after doing this conversion. I know there is a massive thread under forced induction but that just relates to the RB30DET version.

I don't want to put a turbo on the car, just wondering if anyone has ever dynoed their car after this conversion?

2 Questions:

How much power after this conversion?

How much did it cost you?

wtf sort of car do you have to be running a RB30DE???

info on RB30DE:

RB30DE  

Bore & Stroke  

Capacity  

Power  

Compression  

Twin cam  

86 X 86.7  

250ps @7000approx  

30.5kg's @4000  

9.5 to 1  

The RB30DE is is an N/A hybrid race engine. This engine is used for racing.and was not in productio

Here's is the RB30DET info:

RB30DET  

Bore & Stroke  

Capacity  

Power  

Compression  

Twin cam  

86 X 86  

2998 approx  

400ps +  

too much... @4000  

7.5 to 1  

The RB30DET is a hybrid of the Nissan RB series It is custom made by specalist tuners.  

This engine can produce 6-800 hp at low revs eg 7500 due to its capacity.  

It features in all types of Skyline there are three variants of it RB 20/30 RB25/30 RB26/30  

This engine uses the block of the Australia only engine theRB30 which is Single Cam  

This mean the cylinder head featured on the engine.The rb25 and 26 both sit without to much problem  

but the rb20 requires extensive work to both block and head for it to fit.  

Info on conversion:

http://users.esc.net.au/~cobra30/twincam.htm

hope it helps

I want to put it into a R31 skyline.

i've read the site about the conversion, only problem is it has a turbo strapped onto it so it's going to make alot more power than a N/A engine.

I was just after the power results people have got from going this conversion without the turbo because I want to decide if it's worth the money.

Or to see if i'd be better of putting AVo stage 2 cams on for a performace increase.

One of my friends has built himself a RB30DE for his R33 GTS25, He had it on the dyno shortly after he built it it was putting out 130rwkw I can't remember how much torque it had but I think it may have been over 600Nm.

He ended up using RB25 pistons and got a compression ratio of 10.5:1. On his first attempt he used RB30 pistons but the compression ratio was to low, to make any sort of decent power while keeping it N/A.

He has since done more to it here's a pic of his engine bay

No i already have an R32 with that engine and it doesn't have the whack of torque downlow like a 3L engine would.

If you added a turbo to an RB30DE setup it would have no problems making 300rwkw, alot more than many RB20DET could make.

But i'm trying to keep it N/A and i'm just after the kw gains people have got by just doing the head conversion that's all. Not raelly interested in what other people have done just want the figures.

130 -150 rwkw is possible if you go the de route but the main gains is in the torque and in the mid range. I'll be doing some mods to my rb25 de to see how far is can go on a reasonable budget. looking for 120-130 rwkw figers crossed I'l be using an rb 25de from an r32 as a base have extractors and cam gears so far we are going to try and dyno it stock first for comparison

15.0 1/4 times have been done my aim is a 14.9 i a cefiro

meggala

ive got an rb31det in my car, however when i first installed it and was running it in the turbo wasnt connected..ie running no boost. So i guess this is close to what you were aiming for.

It made (i think) 133rwkw. It pulls like crazy with the torque (and the 4.3 diff helps :()

I spent $3500 on the bottom end (rebuilt with forgies etc), and nearly $2k on getting the head (rb25de) fully rebuilt with a mild port job. Everything else was already in my r32....

edit/ it still felt way faster than the old rb20 did on 150ish rwkw - without the turbo

i,ve done rhe rb30de conversion . used the rb25de pistons ( gives 10.5 -1 compression ) xf falcon t/b bored out to 68 mm , extractors ( rb30e ones with different flange plate welded on ) . malpasi fuel pressure regulator , rb25det injectors ( 370cc as against rb25de,s 270 cc ) , apexi safc 2 . sorry no power figure for you yet but best 1/4 mile time is 14.7 @ 92 mph ( 3.7 non lsd manual box ). head , cams and rb25de puter are all stock items . oh and its in my 1986 skyline station wagon .

That is awesome guys. Don, 14.7 is sweet. I just bought my second R31, its a nice SER3 with dud engine so I got it cheap (its is the shed, im working on it then will sell my SER1 once its done). I have pulled the auto and engine, I have a manual for it so it will still have the 3.9 diff gears. My mates said it would be a waste of time do go RB30DE, but if I can cut 14's I will be very happy. Since I need to install a new engine I may aswell go RB30DE.

What is the going price for a full running RB25DE with computer etc? What is better VCT or non VCT?

That is awesome guys.   Don, 14.7 is sweet.  I just bought my second R31, its a nice SER3 with dud engine so I got it cheap (its is the shed, im working on it then will sell my SER1 once its done).  I have pulled the auto and engine, I have a manual for it so it will still have the 3.9 diff gears.  My mates said it would be a waste of time do go RB30DE, but if I can cut 14's I will be very happy.    Since I need to install a new engine I may aswell go RB30DE.    

What is the going price for a full running RB25DE with computer etc?   What is better VCT or non VCT?

i paid $ 1100 for complete rb25de with harness and computer . VCT ( V.V.T.) is better as you get a whole lot more mid range torque.

by the way the place where i bought my engine , has gone . maybe they were selling them too cheap and gone out of business .

1000 for a Auto halfcut is pretty standard price. www.justjap.com have halfcuts always on specials etc. Have a squiz. The V.V.T has advantages, the non VVt makes for an easier conversion. Something about having to drill oil gallerys into the block to get the VVt working, where as the non VVT goes on with no further modifications. All documented in the RB30 conversion thread in the forced section

Thanks geordie, how much extra is a manual half cut?

I read that whole RB30 thread ages ago, and I know about the oil galleries. But I recal something comming up about the VVT not being better... something about the the VVT only making up for lost power from smaller cams nissan used for emmisions.... Can anyone clarify this? Sounds like VVT head with non VVT cams would be the go.

Don, I just looked at you pics. That is one sweet sleeper. What is the economy like on the beast? Do you think an LSD and some cams would bring you a 13?

They have them listed on the site addy i gave you for 2k, but bet you could knock em down, like i said they often get a 2 page spread in the front of the monthly HPI with a couple of specials and 1 or 2 issues ago they had the half cuts for 1k......best way to find out is ring and ask.