SAU Community

what is the weight of R32 & R33 GTR

Hello guys,

I've been thinking of selling my car and buying a GTR, I can afford a R32 or a R33. At the moment im not sure which one would be better to get. One thing I have been looking into is the weight difference, but every site I go to and everybody I talk to keep giving me different weights for both cars.

So what is the weight of a R32 and a R33 GTR????

Cheers

Zathris

for the R32 I ahve seen advertised weights between 1430 and 1530 kgs. So in my GTech, I will put 1600kgs to allow for me and half a tank of gas.. We really need someone who has weighed one at a weigh bridge, I can but won't be for a few weeks..

The weight difference between the GT-R R32 and R33 is negligible (as opposed to the differences in the GTS-t model), and should not be a deciding factor in which car you buy IMHO. Take both for a drive, consider their age, condition, and your finances, and then decide :D

LW.

Thanks emre, any info towards the R34. ?

I wish you guys asked before , anyway i dug this up for you .

R34 gtr 1540 kg

r34 v-spec 1560 kg

And the porkiest of all r34 m-spec , my car , 1580 kg

Just in case someone asks r34 n1 1550 kg

Spec 1 cars ( jan 99 to oct 2000 ) and spec 2 cars ( oct 2000 on ) weigh the same .

Emre that agrees with my figures , 1/3 tank = 30kg

Going on my stats list yours is the lighter one .

Just checked on my list the only diff in specs is side impact bars , i dont think they would be 50 kg so there may be some body stiffening somewhere .

Sorry i cant help you there .

hmmm... that is interesting :cheers: wonder if the heavier would make a better track car, with the stiffer chassis?

Stiffness is good, weight is not.

Pulling some figures out of my arse, I would estimate the side intrusion bars are probably 10kg each, if not more since the R32 GT-R has such long doors. So that's a good 20kg by itself (if not more). Add in the additional changes (different clutch and gearbox setup) and its not altogether impossible that they equate to ~50Kg.

LW.