SAU Community

Skyliner giving us a bad name!!!

doglet

[Rant button on] :D

If you're the driver of a dark blue R33 with no spoiler, have P-plates and turned left off George Street in Thebarton then drove along South Road before turning left onto Henley Beach Road towards the city at about 4:20pm this arvo....then you are a bloody moron!!!

Your display of "drifting" or fishtailing from side to side on a wet road and revving the crap out of your car IN bumper to bumper traffic and IN full daylight was an act of stupidity!

As if Skyline owners or import drivers in general aren't paranoid about the police and have a bad reputation with the general public as it is but then you have to go and drive like a wanker in the suburbs.

I was right behind you in a government plated vehicle and for all you know it could have been an unmarked cop car (lucky for you it isn't). For all you know there might have been a marked cop car in the banked up traffic as you turned onto Henley Beach Road. You can kiss you licence goodbye if you continue driving like that.

I hope you don't take your mates for a ride in you car when you drive like that. The recent horror accident in NSW involving a Skyline should serve as a reminder as to what can happen. SA Skyline owners don't need to cop the flak or criticism from the media or general public like what happened in NSW.

[/Rant button off!]

Seriously everyone, take care of yourselves and others when on the road. Enjoy your cars but don't do anything stupid - especially in the suburbs. There's plenty of opportunity to test our cars and driving skills at drag, drift and track days.

(Admins - feel free to edit this post if you think I have identified an individual too much or you need to change some of the language)

they should ban 16years old P plater drive a skyline :D

luckily SAU is a very good place where all of us are matural, don't even think we have a P plater?

The people u mention should be in NS.com...

Yeah.... I reckon all p-platers should be limited to driving only FWDs with less than 6 cylinders NA..... unless proven mentally fit... As if we don't already have enough crazy p-platers down anzac every saturday night...

PS: last friday night (28th) on the way to glenelg and back to town, and stopping at some places along the way, I saw the same undercover cop pulled over 4 car with p-drivers along the anzac hwy and brighton rd... so BEHAVE...

Sorry to any P-platers I may have offended - I didn't mean it to be a P-plater or different forum bashing thread - just a stupid driving thread.

I personally believe that we should have the choice to drive any car eg. turbo V8 etc, when on P-plates as you can get into trouble in any car....even Hyundais!!! Sorry to any Hyundai drivers :D

The suburbs are no place to test your "drift style" or any other so called style. This wasn't a person spinning the wheels accidentally on greasy wet roads, instead it was deliberate spinning and sliding.

I don't want to go on about it so I'll just say think about what you are doing and where you are doing it. You may not want to imagine the consequences......

yeah i have this problem too. So many people at a young age dont respect the power of their car or know how to control it. Ive heard so so so many stories of ppl who use to own a hyundai excel or commonwhore and think cos they have an exhaust or their car is lowered its fast then they sell it and get a jap turbo whether it be 180, silvia or skyline and write the thing off the next day. every car ive owned has been turbo since i was 16 but i prgressed from a et turbo fwd pulsar to a sil8ty sr20det to now a r33. I totally respect the power and i can say I KNOW HOW TO CONTROL IT IN ALL SITUATIONS. i was into turbo cars a long time ago I beleive that maybe there shoudl be power restrictions for p platers like there is for motorbikes. I just think since bloody fast and the furious everyone now wants a turbo and so many excel drivers, lancer drivers and commonwhore drivers have now got into the jap car culture and have now given us a bad name cos they do exactly wat i have mentioned, they dont know how or respect the power of the car and crash. We have also copt more defects because of this. P plater from salisbury and noralunga in their shit box vh-vn commodores that drive like dicks everywhere and are involved in 99% of P-plate acciedents dont help ppl either. Sorry this is my bitch fest fro the week.

i know what you mean doglet, i have a couple of years till i get my license, but i just dont see a purpose of driving recklessly in public streets, we have places like mallala and air, use it, its good to see more and more young drivers hitting the track, instead of hitting a pole, which is good to see. So once again, i agree 100% with you

and by the way, its not only p platers who can be stupid, ive seen many 25 year olds or over doing stupid stuff on the road, but i guess everyone does it once in while, anyways stay safe, and listen to doglet, he speaks the truth

i bearly drive my car on the street now, and its hard to act like an idiot in a 1.6l old school corolla ehhe, but i fully agree that driving "hard" should be left to the track..

thats where i do all my sliding (mallala prac days) even tho i have ppl on ns.com saying i suck @ drifting and should be on the track?

its funny ppl say keep that type of driving on the track then you have ppl on the other hand saying you suck get off the track...

its a vicious circle

Read a research today:

The part of our brain, which used to judging dangerous action and signal us to prevent it, is NOT completely develop till 25.

which explain why we are "braver" when we are young, and more likely to do something stupid...

i dunno about banning all 16yo p platers...im 17 though so i guess im not in the group.

ive been in a few accidents with my sister ( well...not a few, shes a crazy driver ). i know the pain of smashing into the back of a car and your seat belt f*cuking up your chest after impact, so i drive as safe as i can, im sure theres many others like that, seems kinda unfair to ban them all because of all the asshates out there.

Like that dude's signature sais, ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars.

*back on topic*

i see this alot on our roads too ( wa ). crazy people trying to "DRIFT" on a normal road, filled with traffic.

cant these people be bothered to go down to a drift track geez.

Yeah.... I reckon all p-platers should be limited to driving only FWDs with less than 6 cylinders NA..... unless proven mentally fit... As if we don't already have enough crazy p-platers down anzac every saturday night...

Thats not the answer... You can take away some tools car *turbo, V8*, but you cant take away a tools mentality... If a some tossa is going to be a douche & do that sh#t in busy areas, he's going to do it regardless of the car, even if it is pu$$y FWD burnouts, or handbrakes or whatever. The truth is the world is full of different people & it's something we just can’t change, we can’t change people, but we can try to limit their 'tool' like actions. As far as I know nothing influences people more than Punishment, so bump up the punishments, people will learn! But in reality, we’ll never have a perfect society. This type of stuff is always going to happen.

cant these people be bothered to go down to a drift track geez.

Well reasons for drifting in public would have to be purely showing off or they're just really really stupid... If you were sensible you'd atleast go to somewhere where there’s no bystanders or houses.

I'd like to think im a more sensible P plater *at least dad thinks so*. I love drifting but rarely get to do it, getting to a drift track isnt exactly easy for everybody. So to be as safe as possible I'll go down to a industrial estate after hours & practise in the wet where there's nothing but wide roads, corners & no people, just big sheds & gates. It's great fun, if i loose it i dont hit anything because there’s nothing to hit! *it's low speed too*

BTW, anybody want to list any Tighter track drift courses, I'm would love to have a go at a course like the tighter tracks you see on import DVDs.

• 2 weeks later...

Doglet, I agree.

Read a research today:

The part of our brain, which used to judging dangerous action and signal us to prevent it, is NOT completely develop till 25.

which explain why we are "braver" when we are young, and more likely to do something stupid...

We learnt that in first year psychology Max. :cheers:

Doing some study? or is that a silly question? hehe