SAU Community

climate control - part number

kowm

Hi all,

Thought I'd start this thread to try to help out anyone who has problems with the backlight on their climate contol unit.

Mine was 1/2 gone then after replacing my stereo it was totalled ! I realised that the globes are replaceable after reading NZSTAGEA's post on the stereo replacement thread but had heaps of problems finding replacement parts.

I went to a number of auto electricians, dicksmith, jaycar, nissan, and a couple of hobbie shops and was unable to find a bulb that had long enough contacts. I was in another dicksmith store for something completely different and after rummaging through their electrical compoents I stumbled on one that looked close.

I have now fitted two new bulbs and the unit is working properly. The part details are as follows:

part number: P8140

Description: Globe, 12v, 50ma, 5mm wheat grain

Price: $1.28

To fit the bulb:

*Follow stereo replacement directions to get the CCunit out

*unscrew the bayonett fitting in the top of the unit.

*remove the rubber bulb covers carefully

*unhook the bulb wires from the bayonett fitting & remove the bulb

*fit the new bulbs in the bayonett fittings & wrap the contact wires around the inside (side that the bulb is on) of the fittings.

*replace the bulb covers ^

*replace the bayonett fittings

*replace the CC uinit

^ optional - I lost one of my covers so did not fit the other and the unit works fine (but backlight is now orange !)

• 2 weeks later...

Another query with aircon...

only a minor annoyance - but stag is first car Ive driven where the climate control doesnt keep memory of the aircon setting when u switched the car off... every time u get in the car it is by default switched off... just irks me coz if I hop out, pop into a shop - pop back in and turn key - it doesnt go back to my preferred aircon setting i just had... so i have to switch it on, readjust it etc every time...

So yeah - any1 know of anyway around this - so that when i turn the car on it is on the same aircon setting it was when i last turned the car off???

:D

Check your fuses. I had this problem when a fuse had blown somewhere, but i forget where.

Make sure you check for continuity with the fuses, as sometimes they look fine but are actually stuffed

Another query with aircon...

only a minor annoyance - but stag is first car Ive driven where the climate control doesnt keep memory of the aircon setting when u switched the car off... every time u get in the car it is by default switched off... just irks me coz if I hop out, pop into a shop - pop back in and turn key - it doesnt go back to my preferred aircon setting i just had... so i have to switch it on, readjust it etc every time...

So yeah - any1 know of anyway around this - so that when i turn the car on it is on the same aircon setting it was when i last turned the car off???

:(

Could be a fuse issue as Terminal says, could also be a wiring problem. I believe the climate control unit has a 12V feed from the battery when the car is off (v. low current) to maintain the last set temp in memory. So it could be that this feed is either disconnected, or someone has bodged the wiring and connected it to the ACC feed.