SAU Community

RPM, Speedo, tachos - blue?

z00mxr32

hi all,..

i've noticed that some r32's have a blue background on their RPM, Speedo, oil, temp, boost gauges on the instrument cluster and its not those illuminicent types. and its not the bulbs ... its clearly the background with the klms, rpm reading etc..

my factory is black background.. and definately the one i saw was factory as well .. maybe a GTR cluster?

does anyone know if the above can be purchased somewhere? or is it something done aftermarket?

I changed my factory cluster gauges to blue by removing the globes and soldering in some high intensity 5000mcd LED's,  You just need some 0.5 watt resistors and it's all good.

:D

I did about the same as you, but mine were really dodgy~~

but have a look anyway.

Andy

I did about the same as you, but mine were really dodgy~~

but have a look anyway.

Andy

They look alright... can't really tell how bright they are from the photo. I'll see if I can get a shot of mine.. I think they came out really well. I also did the centre console gauges on mine.

:)

It should be the same but you should check somebody's first before getting a new one.

I might have one lying around if interested.

dude where u at? can i check them out ??

let me know!

that means i have to wind back the clock on urs ....how much k's does it have?

cheers!

I'm in Syd. I'm not sure on K's but you might be able to just use plastic or the blue film. I'll try to have a look at it tonight if i dont forget.

sweet ass .. let me knw how u go ... .. i think we can just remove the plastic fins but sometimes the labels (numbers etc) are on the hard plastic of the thin plastic fin (blue)

check it outz and let me know ..

or is it better juzz to get the nismo 300+ klms cluster?

how much do they go for?

I found that the early guages dont plug straight in, the tracks on the back are a bit different. But it's easy enough to swap the blue faces onto the later dash.

thanks dude for the info ..and everyone 1 else who contributed ..

i might just have to source them out somewhere ... i wonder how much the cluster is?

the side gauges swap over completly but the tacho and speedo you will have to change the blue face bit with the numbers on it. just make sure the needles are put back on in the same spot as they came off, otherwise the readings will be out.

They look alright... can't really tell how bright they are from the photo. I'll see if I can get a shot of mine.. I think they came out really well. I also did the centre console gauges on mine.

:)

Okay to tell you the truth... they are not bright enough for me, I can't see what speed I am going at most of the time... probably will put more drilling and LEDs in later on.