SAU Community

Progress update R33

Munro

G'day,

Well after months off the road waiting for parts, It looks like the

R33 should be up & running again soon.

The Holinger 6 speed will be here next week, the new custom driveshafts have been heat-treated & are ready to pick up, & the new clutch center to suit the Holinger splines will be arriving from

Japan any day now.

I have bought new MoTec ignition coils(the almost brand new Nissan coils are for sale if anyone wants new ones) & the car will be going into Tilbrooks(the car's second home) on Monday for the

new parts to be fitted.The different coils will have to be mounted

on the firewall (have fun Mark), the Holinger will require a new crossmember to be made up & the digital gear position indicator will need a suitable spot on the dash.

I have had the R33 GTR wheels polished & will get the Nittos fitted

next week ready for racing.

Looking forward to driving the car again.Has been a long time between drives(only driven it 3 times this year so far!!!) & I will

need some practice to get used to the Holinger gearbox.

All good fun though.Be interesting to see how it goes when we put some boost into it(have only run 1.4 bar so far) & also how well the new Nitto tyres hook up.

:burnout:

See you on the street.

Well done mate, hope your planning to chase after the record. As for me i'm awaiting my black cefiro to come early january. Fingers crossed, hope i get the bugger of a thing. Funny thing is, your holinger is worth more than the cefiro itself.

By the way, I like the two cars on this months HPI magazine cover. Looks familiar dosn't it?:D

Good to hear all is progressing well mate.

What are your plans for hitting the strip again? Heading interstate I'm guessing? If I'm not mistaken AIR is offline to ALL until Feb next yr, due to the new management/owners, & being upgraded to ANDRA requirements.

This means the Dec 7th SM is cancelled :) Which bums me as I was ready to run with my RE540S going on on Monday.

Hopefully AIR will be back better than ever in Feb03 :uh-huh:

Guest SPOOLIN

Good work m8,

I guess there is only 1 more thing to buy.....a Parachute:bahaha: .

I look forward to seeing this beast running down the strip and showing the rest of Australia that we are the * RH9 state * wooohooo:uh-huh: :uh-huh:

Lee

John-Cant wait to see the Silver Sky rip.

tN-Nice choice of car dude.

Lee-I hope to see your car going down the Q aswell mate.

Matt-New tyres huh?no more 0-100 drags with you.

and remember-

If it aint a silver line in aint a RH9 hahahaha

Matt

ps,yes i`m half cut:bahaha: