SAU Community

Stolen R33 GTSt

ruszo

Hey guys,

My friend's car was stolen at the BP petrol kiosk in Bentley at 7pm this evening.

It's Maroon in colour and has no rear spoiler.

Rego plates is: 1BDR480

Please help us to keep a look out for it.

Contact the police or me @ 0412 885 652 if you happen to see it.

Cheers,

Russell

will keep an eye out for it, what a shit this is.

also did it have any noticeable mods that could be taken off and sold?? you might want to check the for sale area or the quokka and stuff to see if its not getting flogged on there

Mods are only HKS SQV BOV & HKS 3" Hiper silenced (cat-back) exhaust. The rest of the car is basically standard as he has only gotten the car a month ago.

So ya, if anyone got info on this please let me know...

Thanks.

Cheers,

Russell

1 - I certainly hope that was insured.

2 - Was it caught on camera?????

3 - How was it stolen???

Hopefully your mate won't get any crap from the insurance company after only having it for a month. Can't promise anything, but will be on the lookout anyway.

He ran into the petrol station to get ciggies and left the car running (key in ignition).

Camera missed it as it was out of the angle of the shot.

Apparently some whjite commo plate MH sumfin had something to do with it.

Another reason turbo timers are good :cheers:

Well, all I can say is, err, ouch. I am getting a turbo timer fitted the first day I get my car!!!

That will teach him for smoking. :cheers:

(sorry, got to find humour in this somewhere)

do insurance companies pay out if your car is stolen with the keys left in the ignition tho?

Hmm, god point................Like I said good luck with them. Chances are the car will be found dumped somewhere, because to me this just seems like a crime of opportunity for whoever stole it.

I thought about this in the afternoon, some things to look out for about the car if it has been stripped:

The hks sqv is bolt on, so unless these people have someone to sell it to look out for a "hks sqv bov, near new condition!!" advertised in the quokka. Also anything else of value that can be taken off the car.

If the car had rims, also look out for these. If your friend imported the car & registered it, or the person he bought it off did, try and get hold of the tire serial number. I believe these are written down when it is registered, but that could only be for the stock 16" rims, and if they are another size then maybe not.

If that helps, then you can arrange to meet this person to inspect the rims (as they would most likely be sold with the tires in this situation), and if the number matches, enter the police. Booyeah, caught red handed. Would go a long way to getting the car back.

hmm with regards to insurance it might be come a problem... none the less the car was stolen and u are covered for that..

sorry to hear about it gone... bently is so dodgy. :)

will keep an eye out but not liking chances :)

-pie

He ran into the petrol station to get ciggies and left the car running (key in ignition).  

Camera missed it as it was out of the angle of the shot.

Apparently some whjite commo plate MH sumfin had something to do with it.

Another reason turbo timers are good :)

Well that was f****** bright wasn't it. Wouldn't mind betting the insurance company tell him to take a hike. You will find that under the circumstances, most insurance companies would not pay out for that kind of neglect.

Lets hope he gets it back in good order so he don't have to make a claim and perhaps he might have learnt a lesson out of this one.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Yeah exactly the switch unit just needs to be designed with those numbers (or thereabouts, obviously the high one is the more dangerous if you don't get it right). It would be worth contacting FPG, they are pretty responsive and might be able to add to their lineup with you M35 information, the have 80% sorted already from the GTR one. https://frenchysperformancegarage.com/
    • Have you explored this possibility further? I've been quietly watching this story unfold, early on I thought seems like bad fuel.
    • Sorry I'm not familiar with the 34 setup and don't have the 34 wiring diagram. This snip from the 32 manual might help with how Nissan thinks, note there are 2 fuses to the hazards, #17 and #22....are you certain all your fuses are good?
    • In the US people definitely take photos. It's a lot of attention. I personally don't care but I drive pretty cautiously.
    • Hi guys. Title … Bought new genuine hazard switch and new genuine flasher relay, indicators now work but hazards still not working. Hazard fuse all good tested with a multimeter.  Tested hazard wiring, I’m a div forgot to test with button actually pressed in, nevertheless, here’s what I measured with hazard button disengaged… 1st wire - red - 0v 2nd wire - green/red -12v 3rd wire - white/green - 12v 4th wire - blue/red - 0v 5th wire - black - 0v 6th wire - white - 0v 7th wire -  green/black - 0v 8th wire - blue/white 5.95v Does this look okay? - can anyone confirm if the hazard has its own relay , separate from the indicator relay ? Apparently r33 has two relays ?   Racking my brain trying to figure it out 😭