SAU Community

What is an AAC?

Bazelinez

Hey guys,

heard this term thrown around a lot in regards to idle control. What is it? Where is it and do you think cleaning it will help my cold start idle up because at the moment the car struggles to idle up when cold, I have to give it a hand with the pedal....

sorry for a rather crappy thread but I did search first......

cheers!

cheers dude, might take it off on the weekend and clean it. Anything I should be wary of or know as I do it? Would electrical contact cleaner be okay for it...

cheers!

u will need something stronger than that, try carby cleaner..

cool i wanted to know about this aswell cause i had a dodgy idle regardless of cold or warm the engine would spike idle to 1500rpm.

it has gone away since i changed the sparkies, engine temp sensor and thermostat but i got told to check this out aswell.

can i ask another abbreviation question.

what is the AFM???

cause i got told to clean this thing aswell. i did a search but nothing came through i don't know if the search this has been disabled or something cause its been going on the last couple days.

hey guys,

finally got around to doing this........ I think.... Are you meant to take off the little brass cloured thing with the plug or the actual metal part with 4 bolts holding it and a gasket? I wasn't sure so decided to take off the brass part and in the process nearly lost the little spring!! It looked perfect so I blasted some CC down the hole where it goes into the metal thing.

seems a little better, do I need to take the other part off to do it properly? Will that gasket need to be replaced or will it be okay?

cheers!

The AAC can only control rpm within a limited rpm range, more like fine tuning.

Most of the additional air the engine needs during warm up is supplied by the air regulator.

It's mounted under the throttle body on the inlet runners.

It has a hose in from before TB and a hose out to the inlet manifold as well as an electric plug and it allows air to bypass the throttle body during warm up.

If it sticks open you get a fast idle but if it sticks closed it'll have a slow idle or stall when it's cold.

Can anyone please tell me exactly where this is? I can only find pics of the r33 ones. I'm havin the same problems with my idle and my cold start.  

Help my 32 out please:P

http://home.kooee.com.au/exup250/aac.jpg

http://home.kooee.com.au/exup250/aac1.jpg

Also, you may want to have a look at this thread. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...378#post1280378