SAU Community

Catch Cans - Again

well went to GCG here in sydney and was very very dissapointed (after calling them on the phone that they had the one pictured....) with what was on offer for a supposedly serious company! basically didnt have any of the good "SK" spec catch cans, and were flogging off the chinese un-baffled version you see above for a good $165! nice profit there.... considering it does 2/10ths of bugger all!

ok so where can we get a catch can that you can actually open up?????

don't make me beg :):P

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok for all that are dreaming of the perfect catch can....

I rang JNT, and he just makes the can itself... however! he did have a local company in the gong making up these into catch tanks, basically on a custom basis....

they are called lesiure coast welders and are on (02) 42563524

they are making a catch tank for my GTR with filter fittings and mounting points for $150 plus courier of $22

so this is a great buy for basically a custom filter! and has the ability of being filled with stainless wool!

I just got one of these for $90 delivered.

catchtank.jpg

Spent another 5 bucks on a pair of stokings and some steel wool to make up a baffle(thnx to SK) and it is ready to be installed this weekend :D

If anyone is interested in one of these catch cans pm me.

If I get 10 buyers we can have em for $80 delivered ;)

seriously guys SydneyKid has a wealth of technical knowledge but lets not ask him to hold our hand to go to the store...........as already outlined if u need rubber blanks go to Clarke rubber, if u need aluminium welding go to a local welding outfit or let your fingers do the walking, if u need stainless steel wool go to a hardware store etc

and eh.... if u need stockings I can get you some....... :aroused:

is there actually anything wrong with open to atmosphere catch cans? in terms of reliability of engine?

I know it leaves that thin layer of oil all over the engine bay and probably a yellow sticker magnet but other than that is it allright to have?

and where do I get those tiny air filters?

is there actually anything wrong with open to atmosphere catch cans? in terms of reliability of engine?

I know it leaves that thin layer of oil all over the engine bay and probably a yellow sticker magnet but other than that is it allright to have?

I would like to know as well. Is there enough ventelation in the RB motor to let all the crank case pressure releave it's self on it's own?

No problems for the engine, in fact exactly the opposite, keeps that nasty oil mist out. Tiny filters, AutoPro, Autobarn. SupaCheap, Repco, Amercian Auto Parts, Rocket Industries etc.:)

oilcatchcan0015aa.jpgoilcatchcan0023bo.jpg

got this today looks great was cheap $120 from autobarn has removable top

and yeah im happy with it

They are not a bad design, but they have no provision for atmospheric venting (no filter). They are really designed for 100% plumb back, but they only have 2 fittings, you really need 3 fittings for full flexibility. I also found some problems with mounting and space, as the hose fittings point upwards

Please post up some pictures when you have it mounted.

:)