SAU Community

Estimated kw's for these mods?

Hi guys im just about to do a mild upgrade on my R32 skyline and would like some feedback.

MODS CAR ALREADY HAS:

3" exhaust with 3" s/s dump

Big 600x300x80 intercooler with 3" piping

electronic boost controller

BOV

POD

(Made 250rwhp @ 1bar with stock turbo)

MODS THAT WILL BE GOIN ON:

GTR fuel pump

GTR injectors 444cc with resistor pack

Adjustable fuel reg

s/s low mount manifold

T3/T4 turbo ( uses T4 .60 compressor housing with standard RB20 exhaust housing which has been machined out and fitted with a lager T3 steel exhasut wheel.

The standard ecu will aslo be rechipped by P.I.T.S to suite the upgrades

any have any idea of how much kw's I would be pulling @ wot psi with these upgrades b4 I get it dynoed???

also any feedback would be good on other mods I may need to support the mods that are goin on.

Thanks

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys im just about to do a mild upgrade on my R32 skyline and would like some feedback.

MODS CAR ALREADY HAS:

BOV

POD

Ok please correct me if i am wrong but isnt 250rwhp a bit optimistic from a standard turbo with standard fuel system out of an rb20? or do u have an rb25??

I had mine dynoed at P.I.T.S the other day and got 185 rwhp with the identical mods, matti said his dyno reads 10% low so it works out at around 200rwhp....he said this is quite good for a standard turboed rb with my mods (including 14.7psi)....

any thoughts??

Trev

MODS CAR ALREADY HAS:

BOV

POD

Thanks

power seems high for these mods.

this rb20 or rb25?

edit: beat me to it

Hi guys I can guarantee you that my car being an R32 skyline with the RB20DET was dynoed at 250rwhp well actually 249.1rwhp that’s also with 150,000kms on the clock as well. So hopefully by adding the other mods at the same boost of 1 bar should bring me close to 250rwkw. Any more feedback would be appreciated

Thanks

Mine is being tuned today, and with a hi flow turbo think it'll strain to get 200 rwkws, with all the mods you've listed as well.

I'd expect around 260 - 280 hp with the new mods you've listed, but thats what you already had......

there has to be something else,  

sure the turbo isnt from rb25??

computer chipped???

dyno exaggerated?

Mate I was there when it was dynoed and there is nothing wrong with his dyno at all he was quiet shocked at the time cause he said he has dynoed a few other 32's b4 will thos basic mods that didnt pull that sorta hp it was ran twice on the dyno 1st time was the 249.1rwhp and 2nd time was 248rwhp maybe cause it was hotter the 2nd time. The only mods at the time of the dyno was the 3"zorst with 3"s/s dump eletronic boost controller set @ 1 bar BOV, POD and Front mount. has a blitz accsess ECU now but was not on that at the time of dyno. will let you know what shes runs after all the new mods have been put on anyway.

Thanks

i pulled around 245rwhp on the dyno a while back with 10psi rb25 turbo and turbo back custom exhaust.. stock computer.. my dyno sheet looked similar.. just my line kept goin straight up on the angle untill it hit redline so yer thats decent bit of power with stock turbo

damn those rb25 turbos must be pretty sweet upgrade for that figure even with a stock cooler! :)

Does it bolt straight up and does it need a new dump pipe or anything??

One more thing.. what u mean now u have 5 stud hubs? Do you have a r32? They come wit 5x114.3 standard, so what u mean now u have...?

i have rb20det in an silvia.. with 'stock' CA brakes*worst nissan brakes EVER* hence the reason im doin 5stud conversion with r33 GTST brakes all round than the front mount is goin in

it also bolts straight on dont have to change anything how ever i had a custom system made up from turbo back 3" straight thru split dump one 3inch straight thru cannon at the back with 4 inch tip split dump has 3inch for turbine and 1.5inch pipe for actuator flap

My mate had and RB20 in a silvia and it had the stock RB20 turbo and running no boost as it didnt have a controller and all it had was an exhaust and he smoked me. becuase they are about 300kg lighter then an R32 skyline.

boosted_32.. is your name andrew? :) is your 32 black? and do you live in cairns?

well yer i got a mate with a r32 gtst same as much just stock turbo running 13psi while i run 10 psi.. and yer i hose him the weight makes a huge difference

boosted_32.. is your name andrew? :) is your 32 black? and do you live in cairns?  

well yer i got a mate with a r32 gtst same as much just stock turbo running 13psi while i run 10 psi.. and yer i hose him the weight makes a huge difference

No my name isnt andrew and I live on the Gold coast

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• We're bringing Pizzas back!! Pizza Runs, to be specific... We had a practice Pizza Run a while ago, and everyone has been screaming for a proper one... So you've asked, and now we're delivering! Since your tastebuds are tingling, feast your eyes on the event details: Date: Saturday 27th July 2024 Meet Location: Parking Lot - 1 Parkview Dr, Sydney Olympic Park Meet Time: Meet at 5.30pm for a 6.00pm departure Destination: Talotta's Pizzeria, 1-3 Bridges St, Kurnell Map: https://tinyurl.com/saunsw-talottas  We'll meet at the carpark on the corner of Parkview Drive and Australia Avenue in Sydney Olympic Park. When we leave the parking lot, we'll head down Australia Ave, and turn right onto Homebush Bay Drive at the large roundabout near DFO. As soon as we turn onto Homebush Bay Drive, we will be turning left onto the M4 to drive through the new M4/M8 tunnel! Everyone loves a bit of RB action through a tunnel.... We'll exit the tunnel at the Gardener's Road exit, and turn onto Princes Highway, where we'll follow it onto Rocky Point Road and then onto Taren Point Road. Once we reach Miranda, we'll turn left onto Captain Cook Dr, where we'll continue on straight until we reach Talotta's Pizzeria for some pizza goodness!!! There is a small carpark at the destination. Limited spaces are available, but there will be plenty of street parking in front of Talotta's There will be a lead and follow car so no one should get lost. If you would like to attend or bring others along please put your name down and a +1 as numbers will be needed prior! This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our track days. This is an official SAUNSW event and will be run under a Motorsport Australia permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there!
    • The time has come once again, for another SAUNSW Sunday Session! You all know the drill by now, fam... This is the perfect event to catch up with the SAUNSW crew, hang out for a coffee and a bite to eat, and get in some photos and friendly banter! So without any ado, here are the details: Date: Sunday 14 July 2024 Meet Location: Penrith Krispy Kreme (at Penrith Panthers - Panthers Place, Mulgoa Rd, Penrith) Meet Time: 8:00am Map: https://tinyurl.com/saunsw-penrithkk  This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our many track days. This is an official SAUNSW event and will be run under a Motorsports Australia permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there!
    • Who's itching for another cruise...?? That's right! You are! And so are we! And what better cruise to run than an Old Pac Run!! So without any ado whatsoever, here are the details for you to save: Date: Saturday 22nd June 2024 Meet Location: Cowan Truck Stop (Pacific Motorway - Refer to Map) Meet Time: Meet at 7:00pm for a 7:30pm departure Destination: Gosford McDonald's (65 Pacific Highway, Gosford West) Map: https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Cowan+Rest+Area+-+Truck+Stop,+Cowan+NSW+2081/mcdonalds+gosford/@-33.5145054,151.1875996,11z/data=!4m39!4m38!1m30!1m1!1s0x6b0d50be6b302f7b:0x52a920c40b292919!2m2!1d151.1590113!2d-33.6115097!3m4!1m2!1d151.1632842!2d-33.6047898!3s0x6b0d509345312641:0xb510e358747a5332!3m4!1m2!1d151.2008176!2d-33.5274838!3s0x6b0d4e5adac43725:0x611c05fee203a98a!3m4!1m2!1d151.1925869!2d-33.4598502!3s0x6b0d4926bcb9e627:0xd95f510d7f39b402!3m4!1m2!1d151.2072744!2d-33.4523186!3s0x6b0d49138231a221:0xaf20c78b79e9db5a!3m4!1m2!1d151.2318957!2d-33.4309951!3s0x6b0d4989b4996d83:0xeae9af9b71739b59!1m5!1m1!1s0x6b0d4aaa920441e5:0x33f1be63f4680e2f!2m2!1d151.32463!2d-33.4269!3e0?entry=ttu Definitely an easy one for this cruise, meet at Cowan Truck Stop and jump straight onto Old Pacific Highway! Final stop at McDonald's which has plenty of parking all around. There will be a lead and follow car so no one should get lost. If you would like to attend or bring others along please put your name down and a +1 as numbers will be needed prior! This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our track days. This is an official SAUNSW event and will be run under a Motorsport Australia permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there!
    • Thanks, I'll have to cobble something like sonicii did, will report back
    • Agree! I still believe I have the quietest 400kW+ R33 in Australia.