SAU Community

Weird problem in RB silvia.

I have an a weird problem in my RB silvia and am really stuck for ideas for what it could be!!

When the car is cold, and only running for about 5 minutes, it pulls hard and has NO problems whatsoever... But after 5-10 minutes when shes nice and warm, she starts coughing when coming onto boost and backfiring and yeah, not a happy engine...

My thoughts are its an ignition problem? spark plugs/coilpacks etc? so i replaced my plugs with new iridiums, gapped them and shes still doing it... So my next guess is coilpacks, they are 2nd hand coilpacks that are in there at the moment because they had to be replaced as the last ones ummm, melted.

I NEED HELP, ANY RB EXPERTS?

If the last ones melted, i'd try looking at your ignitor pack, otherwise your coil packs.

What gap are your plugs as well??? i'd run 0.8 on the plugs if your car isn't stock in terms of modifications.

Ignitor pack would also be my first check. Try and swap with a mate that has the same engine, put yours in his and vis versa, then go for a spin and see that happens.

If the last ones melted, i'd try looking at your ignitor pack, otherwise your coil packs.

What gap are your plugs as well??? i'd run 0.8 on the plugs if your car isn't stock in terms of modifications.

all sorted, thanks for thet tips, the ignitor pack and afm both had dodgey wiring and needed to be fixz0red....!!

thanks again!

You need to remember Dave........his was STOCK......and AUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it only felt like a whale as it collided with the gutter (it seems not ALL cefiros are drift weapons haha)

There are stock auto cefiros in Australia? :P

But that would explain it!