SAU Community

R32 1/4 mile time

hey guys,

I ventured up to willowbank last nite for the time, and ran [email protected] with a 60ft of 2.376

My mods include:

ebc at 1 bar

FMIC

3in cat back system with a resenator and a muffler no cannon

pod filter

255 rear tyres

i also had my rear struts on their stiffest settings because i forgot to change them to soft :P will this make much difference, i had issues with launching and got massive wheel spin, with 255s in first!!! hence a really poor 60ft time.

Is my time average or is there something i can do to improve my time.

Also my mate said he did 14.1 in his 32 on 12 psi with 3inch exhaust, pod filter and no fmic, he was running 205s!! mind u i havent seen the timeslip, any thoughts???

Thanku in advance for your input :)

Trev

hey guys,

I ventured up to willowbank last nite for the time, and ran [email protected] with a 60ft of 2.376

My mods include:

ebc at 1 bar

FMIC

pod filter

255 rear tyres

i also had my rear struts on their stiffest settings because i forgot to change them to soft will this make much difference, i had issues with launching and got massive wheel spin, with 255s in first!!! hence a really poor 60ft time.

Is my time average or is there something i can do to improve my time.

Also my mate said he did 14.1 in his 32 on 12 psi with 3inch exhaust, pod filter and no fmic, he was running 205s!! mind u i havent seen the timeslip, any thoughts???

Thanku in advance for your input

Trev

Hey

Your time could probly be a little improved as could most peoples on the drag strip!

You said your 60ft time was poor, and even with 255 on the back you still wheel spinned for ages. Therefore you can definately improve your time!

How do you launch? do you rev it up a bit hold revs and release the clucth then back of throttle to gain traction then put the power down again.

You drive your car so im sure you know how to get the best results from it maybe play around try some differnt rubber on the rear? Tyre pressures? Soften up your rear suspension paly around alittle? maybe let the backs down a little depending on what they were on?? put the fronts right up?

Once you found a good combination with all you have that will be a good measure of what times your car should be running

goodluck

that is pretty piss poor effort.

but there are many factors.

1.) you were using 255's but on what size rim? how heavy are the rims? what tyre pressure?

2.) stiff rear shocks = wheel spin as it doesn't squat when you launch.

3.) you have not mentioned any sort of ECU ship or an SAFC of any kind so I will assume it is untuned.

4.) you only have a cat back system and won't be getting as much power as you would if you had a turbo back..

I believe your mates run of 14.1 on 12 psi with stock 205's.

reason?

Stock 205's on stock rims weigh about 16kg compared to 17x9 rims with 255's (my ones anyway) which weighed in at 22kg.

that is 6kg less on each corner and this is worth even more cause it increases rolling resistance.

I bet his 60ft time was better than your too.

Next time you go.. try this.

stock rims and tyres.

reduce tyre pressure to about 20psi

set your shocks to softest setting.

try different launch techniques.

to give you a rough idea.

my S14

Stereo intact (1 sub and amp)

spare tyre intact

Small tool box intact

and me (85kg)

the wheels I described above (17 x 9 with 255's)

20 psi pressure

SAFC

FMIC

1 bar from EBC

turbo back exhaust

pod filter

Best time of the night was 13.8

best 60ft was 1.96

in a few months I'll venture back and try again.

this time, 16x7.5 300zx wheels with 225's

no sub or spare tyre.

hope for a 13.5 at best I'd say

thanx for the feed back guys, i had it dynoed at 185rwhp as is, and that was on matti spry's dyno that reads 10% low.....I also have an rb25 turbo in my garage, all i need to do is fit that get full exhaust and possibly a safc or a chip and hopefully i will be in the 13s....

Trev

Roy - SR20 with stock turbo, stock clutch.

much easier to launch than your setup.

I dial up 4000rpm and slip a tiny bit to get moving then release and full throttle at the same time to get that.

it's pretty close though. a variation of about 200rpm saw me bogging or axle tramping and wheel spinning and having to back off.

Also, I was shifting at redline on each gear which saw me crossing the 402m line at the end of 3rd gear.

and I mean end. I basically cross the line and the rev limiter does it's first backfire type thing.

Next outing I am going to shift just on or a little above 6000rpm.

from other peoples runs on same car, this shift point seems to get higher trap speed.

I've also got a short shifter so lets see if it allows me to shift real fast, or get many mis-shifts.

hahahahaha

Actually disregard the above.

Yeh I'll drive your car.

hahahaha

I just want to have a drive of it.

hey guys,

My mods include:

ebc at 1 bar

FMIC

pod filter

255 rear tyres

With exactly the same mods as you, I managed a 13.7 @ 101mph in my R32 GTS4.

The GTS4 is a bit heavier so you might do better ?

Also got a 1.8 second 60' with 255 Kumho Ecsta 712 tyres all round :D