SAU Community

POD installed, radiator overflow tank will not fit now

emanuelt

I have just installed an Apexi Super Suction with super intake air filer to my stagea. To fit I had to take the radiator overflow catch tank out, and have a temperary one for now. Have other people had the same problem? Does anyone know what I could replace it with. I measured 3/4L that it needs so I need to find a small one that can fit somewhere .

What have other people done/used?

I will have to enclose the POD at some stage for more cooler air.

I have just installed an Apexi Super Suction with super intake air filer to my stagea. To fit I had to take the radiator overflow catch tank out, and have a temperary one for now.  Have other people had the same problem?  Does anyone know what I could replace it with. I measured 3/4L that it needs so I need to find a small one that can fit somewhere .

What have other people done/used?  

I will have to enclose the POD at some stage for more cooler air.

You shoulda just bought the rampod by itself. It just bolts omto your airflow meter. I have one. I'm gonna buy a carbonfibre box for it to sit in.

You can easily make one yourself. Use cardboard to stencil it first, then get hold of some 3-5mm alluminum and cut and bent to shape. To join the lid to the sides (and sides to body) you can use L-brackets with a bolt and threaded hole.

PS: You only need to make 2 sides and this could be done out of one alluminum piece. The other 2 side are formed by the car body.

Note: A pre-fabricated air box my not be suitable, as they are designed for one type of air pod, thus you may have to modifiy it to fit. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MODIFY CARBIN FIBRE.

(Unable to take better pictures as my car is currently at the paint shop)

I think will look at buying a smaller plastic overflow tank from nissan first, if not then i'll do what Al said and make a custom one.

Also I am going to swap my air intake snorkel and replace it with a GTR one as it is wider and closer to the front and edge of engine bay so it will be right near my air filter. Ill have pics in a few weeks.

Emanuelt....

I love that duct. I'm trying to do a section in the standard duct at the monent.....

Are you using your standard duct anymore?? Can I borrow/buy it from you?

I need a prototype to play with.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...