SKYLINES AUSTRALIA - NSW 2nd Annual Show and Shine 17th July 2005

Majanal

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im sure the safe and sound car seat did make a point about it being a daily driver. The UAS track CD in the window may also have helped to let them know it was a track car as well!

But seriously this all fundamental business/marketing if you have a great product(car in this case) and you want people to buy it or win a competetion in this case you need to let people know about it people can't read your mind...

Personally I liked CYIFLY more then Paul's car :Pimp2: but to most people it was just a GTR lowered with some rims and exhaust..

Where as with Paul’s car you could see all the go fast bits and see the results (dyno charts). With Paul’s car it was plainly obvious how much work was done to it hence probably why it scored better.

I didn't even get to perv at Pauls car... in fact any car at all... and I spent more time at Mingara on Sunday than most (not all) people! That is the bigest dissapointment.

:P

It was a good day but I feel that some cars were UNDER Judged. I really do feel that the orginisers knew some of the winning cars and was upsetting to see the award go to other cars and I know if I mention the cars that should of won I will have alot of people up in a stir.

I have only just seen this post and will let you know why CYIFLY did not win anything other than "best exterior"...... its as simple as it being locked up all day...

I have said this in the wrap up thread, but it was announced that judging was about to begin and if you wanted your car judged to have it presented in a manner that it could be judged...

I know that one of the judges gave it a zero for engine bay and a very low score for interior as neither the engine bay or the interior could be seen properly for it to be judged accurately..... sure it was a very clean and well presented car on the outside but assuming the engine bay and interior is of the same standard would be unfair to those who had their bonnet up and doors open...... had the car had its bonnet up and at least its windows wound down the results possibly would have been different.....

• 1 month later...