SAU Community

SKYLINES AUSTRALIA - NSW 2nd Annual Show and Shine 17th July 2005

Majanal

Hello Skyliners,

The 2nd semi-annual Skylines Australia NSW Show and Shine is on.!

Date: 17th July 2005

Location: Mingara Recreation Club, Tumbi Umbi Central Coast (Same as last year) Linky

Time: Cars Arrive 8am, Show starts 10am

Cost: $10 members $20 non-members

Sponsors:

Zoom/HPI Magazines

Unique Autosports

Just Jap

Turbosmart

Xclusive colours - 9631 2345

GCG Turbochargers

TM Autosports

Auto-Motion

Racebrakes

APX

Powerplay

Mick's Metalcraft

Raceworx

Advan

Gulf Western Oil

Categories:

Best R34 GTR

Best R34 GTT

Best R33 GTR

Best R33 GTS-t

Best R32 GTR

Best R32 GTS-t

Best R31

Best DR30

Best Classic

Best Interior

Best Exterior

Best Engine Bay

People’s Choice

Best Non-Skyline

After last years hugely sucessful event we are looking to go bigger and better, with more sponsor stalls and more cars. We are also working to have some race cars along again. It looks like the Gibson R31 and the Winfield R32 GTR will be there as well as Aaron McGill's V8 Supercar.

So what do you need to do?

Entry Form - Sup Regs

Start polishing your car! All Skylines will be entered into their respective category (eg R32 GTR) and also into the People's Choice award. Each car will also be eligible for one, and only one, of Best Interior, Best Exterior or Best Engine Bay.

Judging criterea will be posted before the day so people know what the Judges will be looking out for.

I want you all to know that we are looking for quantity as well as quality. We don't care if your car has stone chips all over the bonnet or whatever. We are trying to make it a BIG show with all kinds of Skylines. Last year we had nearly 50 entrants and it was great. We want even more this year. It's a great excuse to polish your car up and make it look as good as it can possibly look. It will definitely be a fun day out for all.

There are heaps of prizes to give away so a lot of you will come home with at least something. Have a look at the sponsors (above). You can tell there will be some good stuff.

Well, until the day peoples... spread the word!

Dan Mackie

President

SAU-NSW

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bump... geez, even more interest in this in QLD and VIC than here... hope we arn't going to let the out of towners come and clean up uncontested! :confused:

He sure is... Old school SDU/SAU member :rolleyes:

Fell off the face of the Skyline planet for a while there, whilst punting around in his R32 GTS-t... but he's been spotted terrorizing innocent old ladies with the purple di1do in the last few months :)

he's been spotted terrorizing innocent old ladies with the purple di1do in the last few months :P

thanks andrew. there's a mental picture i didn't need :)

he won't come out anymore anyway because whenever he does you just give him sh1t about all the new scratches on it.. hehe :rolleyes:

thanks andrew. there's a mental picture i didn't need :(

he won't come out anymore anyway because whenever he does you just give him sh1t about all the new scratches on it.. hehe  :D

:):D:):rant::rant::rant::rant:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nobody has been able to enter yet, I will have the entry form ready to be posted this arvo or at the latest tomorrow morning :embarrised:

Keep a look out here guys for the entry form, we will be posting it on the first page also.

Cheers,

Dan.

It says on the entry form that :

Entries must be made on the official entry form, and sent together with the entry fee to the Event Coordinator at the address listed at 'Event Coordinator' above. Entries close 9:30 am on Sunday 17th July 2005.

Does this mean that we can front up with a form filled in on the day?

• Latest Posts

• This morning I carefully reinstalled the manifold and started looking at a couple of things I need to do.  Heat wrap arrived sometime today so I popped into the shed with the missus dishwashing gloves and started wrapping the first half of the dump and the screamer/plumb back.  Once I do the second half I'll be able to final fit the turbo and exhaust up.  Also pulled the harness out today and started terminating it at the ECU end. A connector is done, just need to run the remaining wires that arent in the harness - 12v, gnd and couple I/O
    • A31 is pretty much the same thing without HiAIDS I mean CAS, no improvement lol. Not to late to send it.
    • Thanks for all the replies! I also wanted to ask if wheels that were fitted on Ford Falcons would fit the 350GTs as well? In the area I'm at there aren't that many options for secondhand wheels and new ones here are way out of my budget. From what I've seen, most of the wheels that are available that were fitted on Ford Falcons have an offset of +33 to +36, with a centre bore of 70.5mm whereas the stock 350GT's ones are 66mm, can't seem to find any hubcentric rings that fit that difference though. 
    • 215/45/18 tyres are probably a little on the low side compared to the factory tyre, it should be closer to a 245/45/19, which will get you about an extra 11mm of height, and should make you speedo read a bit closer to reality. 245/45/19s will be a bit too far the other way and you risk a speeding ticket as your speedo might read slower than your actual speed.  245/40/19s would be correct if you are going to 19in rims, they will give you a similar total diameter to the 245/45/18 tyres.  
    • That's something I forgot to put in my list. The aggressive anti-squat in R32 is a f**king menace. I still need to decide if I'm going to drag the subframe out of my car and weld in the GKTech corrector kit. The main reason to dither is the need to switch to spherical joints in the lower arm to account for the twist induced in the rear pivot caused by lowering the front pivot. And yes...we do put better subframes in R32s, and I wish I'd gotten an S14 one instead of an A31 when I did the "take off and nuke it from orbit" HICAS delete all those years ago.