SAU Community

32 eyelids

32brother

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think of the length/width etc of the eyelids? Personally, I think they could be maybe an inch at most longer down the front of the headlight.. what do you guys think? Too 'sleepy' looking & covering up too much light or the longer the better?

~Kaz

hey guys,

I should have my set sanded this w/e. haven't had much time this last week with changing jobs n all, and i've been crook which doesn't help matters any.

Let me know which type you guys would prefer...if you want ones that just stick on, i can put them together pretty quickly, and it will only use half as much fibreglass, so i can sell them cheaper ;) If anyone wants the stick on type, i should be able to put a set together this weekend (unless I keel over from being sick ;) ).

Once i have my bolt on set trimmed to fit, i'll see how they go with the bonnet...but i can't see there being any issues. They will bolt on at the back, and I'll probably be sticking them at the front so thieving little s**ts can't get their fingers up underneath to rip them off.

**PM** me with what you guys are expecting to pay, and i'll try and work my price around that :) I'll also work out how much i'll need to charge to cover my costs ;)

I trial fitted the eyelids to the car last night after trimming them, I need to shave a little off the face of the pass side one to even things up.

They fit and the bonnet closes normally. The little black rubber things on the bonnet were originally hitting the eyelids but I trimmed it (edit: by "it" i mean the eyelids, not the black things) back and now fits with no issues :P

Also tried to "steal" them with the bonnet closed and they weren't going anywhere :D

All that's left to do is:

*sand the pass side eyelid

*make brackets to fit

*paint

Once i have this set completely finished I'll put a post in the F/S section :D

To give me an idea of demand, please PM me or post here and let me know what you guys want:

*stick-on (will just cover the top & face of the headlight), or

*bolt in (covers face and entire top of headlight)

:P

Michael

no probs.

I'll put some stick-on's together tonight, and it'll take a few evenings to sand them back - neighbours aren't friendly to power tools at night :cheers:

mate,

I'll be interested in the bolt downs. I wouldn't mind seeing both. Post a pic asap.

Looking good bro! Pm me when done!

Just out of interest, was my pic a big help? looking almost identicle.

Cheers,

32brother..

Man, i'm interested too if you're going to start making more lol. Been after eyelids since i bought my 32, makes it look so much "Tuffer"!

A bit off the topic, but how do you's get that little pic of your cars in ur info thing? I've taken pics of my car with my fone, but cant work out how to put it up there!?

Let me know how you go with the eyelids i'm VERY keen.

Michael is thinking of gettin' a GTR so it isn't goint be cheap ;)

:rofl:

will trade for GTR Parts ;) hahaha if everyone donates something (a caliper, a radiator, an engine, etc ) I should be able to build a GTR by 2010 :wizard:

but seriously, I'm going to make 2 or 3 types.

1- Stick-on ones for maybe 50-60ish (to be confirmed) - these will just cover the face, an dif someone was so inclined may be able to be ripped off :(

2 - Stick on that are a bit bigger and will be hard to steal because of the way it is moulded around the headlight,

3 - And the 3rd type which will bolt at the back, and can be stuck at the front (so they don't rattle around and are a bit more secure :) This is the type i have made and basically ready to be painted.

As per one of my previous posts, i tried to "steal" the 3rd type from my car with the bonnet closed and it was impossible. Also I couldn't get enough leverage to break or snap them off because they are moulded so closely to the headlight :D

If no-one wants the cheapies then please let me know and i'll focus my efforts on what you all want :) Even better if you could email me which type you'd prefer @ Midnite_Garage at hotmail dot com it will be easier for me to keep track of what people want. I'll let you know set prices for type 2 and 3 sometime next week when i have pics.

:cheers:

Michael

hehe..he can buy mine and i'll take the price of the eyelids off the purchase price

If I had the cash right away I'd be there with bells on :uh-huh:

but i think it'll be at least a few months before I get my GTR hat on

:cheers: