SAU Community

MAJOR CRUISE idea

silver gts-t

a potential official SAU event???

VIC-NSW-QLD

bringing the states together

this is the idea,

the drive to melb is about 8hours,

so people from syd drive 4 hours (with 2 hours then a break) and melb people drive 4 also.

and meet in the middle for a bbq or something.

it could be done the same for QLD

it would be the 1st time something like this would be done between state forum.

i think its a realistic idea, a sensible drive.

but obviously to hard to organise for a particular weekend everyone is available. so thats why i thought a set date would be good.

anyways lets hear opinions.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about SAU'ers from each state travel to other states and battle it out at a nominated track! :P

then people would have to stay the night, and not many people would want to go.

this way you can leave depart at 8am drive get at destination at 12pm with break stop. and still be able to chill all day till like 4-5pm and get home round 8pm

If it's a cruise then yes, some mid-point would be ideal to get as many people coming. Still, Mid way between Syd and Brissy is still far. An overnight trip would be ideal because you don't want people doozing off at the wheel and 8 hours one way is boring.

To battle it out at a track you WILL have to stay overnight because you'll be so buggered after the day you'll want to sleep and you don't want to get out on the track half a sleep. A long weekend trip would be perfect for something like this. I'd like a track outing at other tracks in VIC and QLD for a change.

A few mates of mine have done Syd to Brissy and it's 14 hours one way.

Syd and Meb is like 9 hours one way. Possible meeting points are Albury, or exactly half way is Gundagai, but not much there.

These times are all based on sticking to the speed limit.

I still think that us NSW'ers should stay put and let them come to us :spank: Sydney is the perfect meeting point, right smack in the middle :)

LOL! That would be prefect but then we'll be accused of being biased and lazy.

I think NSW and ACT should happen again. For those old enough to remember the days of SDU, it happened and NSW went to ACT then went out to Batemans Bay I think....

anyone who wants to meet more liners should come check out us country folk at the Laurel Hill Convertion centre, there is a thread about it in the national events section,(im sure someone will post a link) its open to anyone!!