SAU Community

need help finding a tool

ASYLUM

righto,

have had a ring around but most places seem to either not know what i am after or do not have the correct size.

anyone know where in Perth i can buy a Torx Tamper-Proof T50 Socket from? i believe Torx may be a snap-on tools brand but any brand will do, though snap on is nice.

//B.

Not that I live anywhere near perth, but typically, the 'bolt' shops have tools aswell. You know the shops I mean, that sell all the nuts/bolts you can think of...perhaps you have one of them there you could try?

Ebay?

Hey Cam,

Nah man pulling it off was easy - if you've got the '95 model with the airbag in it, they're prone to the clunking noise, there's actually a rubber mounted cast iron weight in there, over time the rubber obviously degrades and leaves the iron weight to clunk around - pain in the ass it was!

So I ripped out the weight (after a few months of searching for the tool!)

managed to find a Torx Tamperproof Socket set T10 up to T60 i believe (1/4" and 3/8") :)

thanks again Kym for the offer of a lend :) thought i'd pick them up seeing as i might need them for something in the future and you can never have too many tools.

if anyone needs a lend of a socket let me know :D

what tool does it take to get a 95 streering wheel off with an airbag, its making that clunking noise and i had to rip the fuse out cos it kept turning on the horn around corners...?

Will the airbag bust out if i take the steering wheel off?

Strich - did you have any problems pulling off the steering wheel? Mine's making a wicked heavy clunking noise. Hope the airbag don't go off in the meantime! :)

Hey guys I posted the thread on this year ago..and I do have the tools....

Bought them from Repco as a set for $19....

The airbag is safe . It sits inside its own compartment and this weight sits suspended above it.

One thing I noticed over time without it the steering wheel vibrates with the car. Not noticable with the weight on. This is not fixable as you have to get a new steering , can't weld rubber :)

al

what tool does it take to get a 95 streering wheel off with an airbag, its making that clunking noise and i had to rip the fuse out cos it kept turning on the horn around corners...?

Will the airbag bust out if i take the steering wheel off?

Tamperproof T50 socket, i should be doing this to mine in the next week or so, i'll see how i go with it :)

disconnect the battery and take care with the airbag.

Tamperproof T50 socket, i should be doing this to mine in the next week or so, i'll see how i go with it :)

disconnect the battery and take care with the airbag.

You don't need to disconect the battery, its a mechanical issue. Nothing electrical you will get near no sensors or anything.

al

well i had a new battery put in a while ago, the battery was disconnected, had to be to put the new one in and my alarm immobilser and cl are all fine.

sexzilla - the ones i called didn't have them but knew what they were :)