SAU Community

rb25turbo on rb20 q

R32 RB20DET ecu's don't have the power dip problem.

If you are having power issues with only 11.2psi then either you are leaning out or the spark plugs need to be gapped down.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also installed 3 inch exhaust from the dump pipe ( 2 resonators only, no cat ) and K&N pannel filter. With the RB20DET actuatoer i was hopeing to lock boost at 10psi but the boost goes up to 11.2psi and i have huge power loss.

But with RB25DET actuatoer it holds 7psi through out the power curve and give good power.

Explain the power dip, as u mention some thing about the computer?

dude ...u may wanna check your intercooler piping clamps and make sure they are tight and not leaking ....

check for vacum leaks etc .. and u may wanna re-set ur ECU especially after u have added extra bolt - on modz.

also check the exhaust manifold for cracks and u may wanna replace the gaskets etc... if u have not done that yet ..but if igured u have since u replaced the turbz already ..

• 7 months later...

finally tried fitting my rb25 turbo onto my rb20 yesterday.

with no success.

seems my water and oil feed banjo bolts on my rb20 turbo are smaller then on the rb25 turbo i got.

all i can think of is that my rb20det engine is a series 1 engine.

is it just a case of using the original rb25 turbo banjo bolts?

or will i need the rb25 water and oil lines aswell?

any info could help me

cheers.

anyone here with first hand experience with a rb25 turbo onto a series 1 rb20 engine?

Edited by RSTME

no.. I have a s1 engine (1989) rb20, and was able to use exact same factory fittings to fit rb25 turbo.. No other changes required.

So either your "rb25 turbo" is not in fact one, or well I don't know :P

it is a rb25 turbo steel front wheel and ceramic rear wheel.

nedb. thanks mate,ill ring around for some new lines.

• 3 weeks later...

k,i got $120 connections for the new lines,r33 turbo is on now

i have a manual boost controller(T-piece thing)

took it for a spin, hit over 20psi so i turned it down.

also noticed it now runs heaps rough(like an old v8)

will it idle normal when i get a SAFC and get it tuned?

also i noticed the last bolt for my exhaust manifold is missing.

Now ive turned it down so far it only boosts to 5psi in first gear at 5000rpm, then easy makes 15psi in 2nd at about 4500-5000rpm.

automatic

r34smic

3"dump/frontpipe

3"highflow cat

3 1/2" fromt cat-back.

im using a rb20turbo actuator aswell,should i try removing the T-piece boost controller?

the hose from my actuator runs to the T-piece then to the compressor housing.

is that right?

Edited by RSTME

i have the same conversion but use my actuator from an rb20 turbo it hits 10 psi, but no problems with it running rough, car still isnt fast enough to beat a mustang tho, but i gave him a 10 car length advantage,lol

post-25901-1138097044.jpg

post-25901-1138096996.jpg

post-25901-1138097129.jpg

post-25901-1138097148.jpg

• 2 weeks later...